Cienciano Registered User
#1

I went past krispy kreme once last week and the foot queue was out the door and snaking down through the car park, probably an hour wait! Yesterday the traffic in the centre was so bad we just left straight away! I think we'll have to wait to January to go at this stage

blanch152 Registered User
#2

Cienciano said:
I went past krispy kreme once last week and the foot queue was out the door and snaking down through the car park, probably an hour wait! Yesterday the traffic in the centre was so bad we just left straight away! I think we'll have to wait to January to go at this stage



Passed it at 11.30 yesterday evening, and there would have been around 70 cars waiting for the drive-thru.

Queue of around 100 people outside earlier in the day.

January sounds good if you don't want to queue.

1 person has thanked this post
Patww79 Registered User
#3

I still can't fathom what's gone on there. It's absolute madness.

5 people have thanked this post
Toto Wolfcastle Up and at them
#4

The queue was mental at 6.15 today too.

blanch152 Registered User
#5

Patww79 said:
I still can't fathom what's gone on there. It's absolute madness.


They are just doughnuts. Can't understand the fuss.

9 people have thanked this post
Patww79 Registered User
#6

blanch152 said:
They are just doughnuts. Can't understand the fuss.


They're lovely and all but the volume of people round the clock is mind boggling. People here tend to be wired that way though. It's more the being there and not missing anything moreso than what you're actually getting.

3 people have thanked this post
JupiterKid Registered User
#7

Doughnuts are rubbish "food." The fad for them is pathetic.

When is a burrito place opening in Dublin 15. Long overdue.

12 people have thanked this post
Zaph A kick in the gulags
#8

The traffic chaos caused by Krispy Kreme has even made the Irish Times.

1 person has thanked this post
Zaph A kick in the gulags
#9

JupiterKid said:
Doughnuts are rubbish "food." The fad for them is pathetic.

When is a burrito place opening in Dublin 15. Long overdue.


Screw burritos, I want a Bunsen in D15!

4 people have thanked this post
eviltwin Registered User
#10

Zaph said:
The traffic chaos caused by Krispy Kreme has even made the Irish Times.


I.was in the centre yesterday. Went early and parked near TGI. Was finished by about 1130 and the queue of cars to get to KK was so big they were snaking back and blocking the exit/entrence to the car park. Irritating enough when it was quiet, I can only imagine the chaos it creates at busy periods.

Nijmegen Registered User
#11

Just watched the video of people blasting their horns late last night, taken by one of the residents of the nearby apartment block. Whatever was the cause (I heard some group jumped the queue) it really is ingrate behaviour by those there to be blasting horns at that hour (or any hour) in that way. This is why we can't have nice things, kids... https://www.facebook.com/307836049740698/posts/435964976927804/

Hurrache Registered User
#12

This is so ridiculous. I love donuts as much as the next doughnut loving man, but how touched do you have to be to get in a large queue in order to get one? It's not like there's a shortage of doughnuts to be bought elsewhere.

3 people have thanked this post
daymobrew Registered User
#13

blanch152 said:
Passed it at 11.30 yesterday evening, and there would have been around 70 cars waiting for the drive-thru.
It's depressing thinking about all the extra pollution that these cars and all the others in knock-on traffic jams are creating.

1 person has thanked this post
Toto Wolfcastle Up and at them
#14

Rather than referring to it as a ‘fantastic response’ you’d think Pat Fitzgerald, Blanchardstown Centre operations manager, would be more concerned that one new business could cause so much chaos and actually do something about it.

Whatever about the delays in the centre itself, there’s no way locals trying to get around the area should be disrupted in the way they were on Sunday.

1 person has thanked this post
miamee Registered User
#15

Toto Wolfcastle said:
Rather than referring to it as a ‘fantastic response’ you’d think Pat Fitzgerald, Blanchardstown Centre operations manager, would be more concerned that one new business could cause so much chaos and actually do something about it.

Whatever about the delays in the centre itself, there’s no way locals trying to get around the area should be disrupted in the way they were on Sunday.


It's been a disaster for anyone living near the centre or unfortunate enough to have any business other than 'doughnut shopping' to get to. We walked to the shopping centre on Sunday afternoon and on the way back through the Smyths/TK Maxx xarpark at bout 5pm (I think) there were queues up and down every aisle of cars trying to leave. Crazy. I know it was the last day of the funfair too which added to the chaos but if this keeps up they are going to have to seriously rethink the drive thru element. On Sunday night it was absolute mayhem too long after the shops had closed.

1 person has thanked this post

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!