CiDeRmAn Category Moderator

So...

I wonder if those technically minded could explain how easy/hard it might be to make consolized MVS?

I see them on Aliexpress and elsewhere, but the prices are all up above €200.

The mobo itself isn't that expensive, but I wonder if Last Bandit or others could give me an idea of the sort of money and difficulty it would be to make the rest, from the power/controller interfaces to the AV out.

And pricing if someone was willing to make a few of them.

The Last Bandit Registered User

Hmm timely... I'm in the process of building one at the moment. Must take a few pics of what I've done along the way.

There does seem to be a huge variety of them on Ebay, from the mame of shame style entries to some really nice (but overpriced) conversions.

2 people have thanked this post
o1s1n Registered User

Ever see the Omega Works consolised unit?

Pricey but its the absolute business.

https://www.arcadeworks.net/omega-neo-geo-mvs-home-console

Not too much work done yet, just the basic fitting done. Put some stiff rubber under the pcb to provide support when carts are inserted.

Not sure about the vinyls yet on it.

Have fitted a neobiosmasta board to simplify the bios upgrade, no point in making life tougher that needs be.

Will be able to remove the audio amp chip (and heatsink) so the whole board will run on 5v. A simple 5V 3A power supply should be fine for it.

As for the controls, a 15 pin D socket can be wired to the Jamma edge and just use standard Neogeo pads but I'll be using the same tech as in my superguns so will have the option to use different controller types. Will also set it up so that the Pic'nMix mode is activated by default.

4 people have thanked this post

So....
Getting to the point.
How much is it and when can I pick it up??

Its free and whenever you're passing by

1 person has thanked this post
KeRbDoG Registered User

The Last Bandit said:
...Will also set it up so that the Pic'nMix mode is activated by default.

How might that be done on UniBIOS 4.0? Thought it was only enabled by key combo, would be awesome to be always on

KeRbDoG said:
How might that be done on UniBIOS 4.0? Thought it was only enabled by key combo, would be awesome to be always on

I'll have the microcontroller handing the controller conversion stuff drive the Start button for a second when it powers up.

eddhorse Registered User

(Invalid img)

KeRbDoG Registered User

The Last Bandit said:
I'll have the microcontroller handing the controller conversion stuff drive the Start button for a second when it powers up.

Ah, hassle Wonder if Razoola will add a dip switch setting for it to be always on

Finally got around to finishing this. Works a treat with the Playstation controller

All connectors to the rear, need to use extension cables to get the controllers to work so not a problem hiding the ports at the back.

White LED hidden behind the dot to brighten things up.

4 people have thanked this post

So, when I can pay and collect?

eddhorse Registered User

Woah nice work, always a super finish on your "products"

Thanks ya looks nice on the outside but a lot messier than I'd like on the inside (hence no picture )

This one is a keeper I think..

The Last Bandit said:
Thanks ya looks nice on the outside but a lot messier than I'd like on the inside (hence no picture )

Just like inside the human torso really....

This one is a keeper I think..

Awwww shucks....

So, making any more???

Asking for a friend... who also happens to be called Ciderman...

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!