devnull Moderator
#16

dublinman1990 said:
I would say yes. Although the 120 is not from Donnybrook Garage. It is run from Phibsboro. I don't know why that got a revised timetable tbh. Anyone got any info?


I've posted a thread about it, some routes are moving depot as well, some are going to get a frequency increase, and others are having extra buses through at the same timetable to increase service reliability.

AngryLips Registered User
#17

Will monthly and annual DB tickets and rambler tickets work on these services?

devnull Moderator
#18

AngryLips said:
Will monthly and annual DB tickets and rambler tickets work on these services?


Yes

1 person has thanked this post
KD345 Registered User
#19

dublinman1990 said:
I would say yes. Although the 120 is not from Donnybrook Garage. It is run from Phibsboro. I don't know why that got a revised timetable tbh. Anyone got any info?


The 14 will now be operated fully by Donnybrook, as a result the 120 will transfer from Phibsboro to Summerhill.

1 person has thanked this post
Stephen15 Registered User
#20

KD345 said:
The 14 will now be operated fully by Donnybrook, as a result the 120 will transfer from Phibsboro to Summerhill.


I was wondering though what would happen to the capacity left by the 120 in Phibsboro. No increases on any Phibsboro routes so far anyway.

1 person has thanked this post
Stephen15 Registered User
#21

Also what will happen to Bray depot once the 184 and 185 move to GA. Will there be an increase on 84/a, an increase in Bray based 145 duties or perhaps another route might move some of it's duties to Bray the 44 is only route I could think of which may be suitable to move some of it's duties to Bray.

john boye Registered User
#22

Stephen15 said:
Also what will happen to Bray depot once the 184 and 185 move to GA. Will there be an increase on 84/a, an increase in Bray based 145 duties or perhaps another route might move some of it's duties to Bray the 44 is only route I could think of which may be suitable to move some of it's duties to Bray.


The 145 will surely get a frequency increase soon either from the routes going to GAI or the extra deliveries coming this year/next year so I guess there'd be room for them there. That said a bit of extra space in the yard probably wouldn't be the worst, it's absolutely rammed at night.

Yer Da sells Avon Registered User
#23

Stephen15 said:
Also what will happen to Bray depot once the 184 and 185 move to GA. Will there be an increase on 84/a, an increase in Bray based 145 duties or perhaps another route might move some of it's duties to Bray the 44 is only route I could think of which may be suitable to move some of it's duties to Bray.


I've heard rumours (which might be bullshit) that the 45 is returning and/or the 84 is being extended either back to town or to UCD.

loyatemu Registered User
#24

Yer Da sells Avon said:
I've heard rumours (which might be bullshit) that the 45 is returning and/or the 84 is being extended either back to town or to UCD.


all-day 84X would be more useful than the return of the insanely slow old 84

Yer Da sells Avon Registered User
#25

loyatemu said:
all-day 84X would be more useful than the return of the insanely slow old 84


During the school term, the old 84 could be particularly slow (although nowhere near as slow as the current meandering route). On a weekend evening, with certain drivers (especially if they were finishing their shift), there was no quicker way of getting from town to Bray.

I think, in addition to the current morning/evening 84x service, some sort of hybrid 84/84x route could work during off-peak hours: Newcastle to Bray as per the current 84 route, and then a limited stop service between Bray and UCD (where anyone going all the way to town could transfer onto a 39a), only deviating from the N11 for the Luas at Brides Glen. In addition to that, you could have the 84a (or 45, or whatever) going from Bray Station via the Rock Rd, St. Vincents, Nutley Lane and N11, terminating at UCD.

Stephen15 Registered User
#26

I highly doubt a route like the 45 or the old 84 would ever make a comeback especially considering bus connects is proposing that outlying areas (Skerries, Blessington, Enniskerry, Dunboyne etc.) have their direct city service replaced by more frequent local routes.

The 45 was basically killed off by the introduction of the 145 and the 4 as the route duplicated both in parts and took longer.

The original Network Direct proposal for the 84 probably made the most sense every 30 mins between Newcastle and Brides Glen. I couldn't see the 84x being viable as an all day route either.

Yer Da sells Avon Registered User
#27

Stephen15 said:
The original Network Direct proposal for the 84 probably made the most sense every 30 mins between Newcastle and Brides Glen. I couldn't see the 84x being viable as an all day route either.


There are three daytime 84x departures (one from Newcastle to town at 10:30, a return journey from town to Newcastle at 12:00, and then from Newcastle to town at 13:30). The 10:30 one usually has reasonable passenger numbers, especially during the college term; the 12:00 one runs empty, or close to empty; the 13:30 one often has fewer than ten passengers. If they changed the times (perhaps 10:00 from Newcastle, rather than 10:30 and 13:00, rather than 13:30), they might have a chance of picking up more passengers, as there wouldn't have been an 84 departure just ten minutes previously.

The 84x is currently a disastrous service, with buses regularly sacrificed at the altar of "operational issues" and passengers travelling from Stephen's Green/Leeson Street/UCD to Greystones/Kilcoole/Newcastle failing to get on because of (most) drivers failing to discourage people from using the route for short journeys along the N11. I gave up on public transport and started using the car because of it.

The original Network Direct proposals would make a lot of sense now that there is a bus stop right beside the Luas. The Network Direct compromise (Newcastle to UCD) would have made a lot of sense, had there been a 30 minute frequency, rather than hourly, and if it had taken a less meandering route to UCD (at one point, they were sending it through Stillorgan village for no reason other than the fact that some other route had been cut from there). Network Direct was all about saving money, so it was never likely to result in improvements. There is an opportunity now to make actual improvements to services.

Yer Da sells Avon Registered User
#28

be.bop said:
drivers cant refuse you entry to bus if you have a valid ticket, drivers dont care who gets on bus as long as they cause no problems
can you imagine the bitching round here if drivers did refuse entry?


I've seen drivers on the 84x asking people where they're going and encouraging them to wait (a whole two minutes) for the next 46A/145 if they're only going as far as Stillorgan, Foxrock, etc. Most people are simply unaware that they're depriving others of a way of getting home, and politely oblige.

Aw139 Registered User
#29

The Nta made the new timetables..drivers covering 59 ..45A ..75..63 on one duty board..so If the driver is late due to traffic coming to dun Laoirghre to start a 63 or 63A over to kilternan and back to dun Laoirghre and then is late for a 75 or 75a .. also drivers pushed to sign off routes in route training ..the routes or some of ..should be all on there own rota like db. But gai have the 45A 59 63 63A 75 75A all on one Rota and duties so it's a mixed bag of a disaster . and then driver changes in dun Laoirghre ..probably late break and waiting for a bus that is late to do a change over for their 2nd half.

3 people have thanked this post
ax586 Registered User
#30

Aw139 said:
The Nta made the new timetables..drivers covering 59 ..45A ..75..63 on one duty board..so If the driver is late due to traffic coming to dun Laoirghre to start a 63 or 63A over to kilternan and back to dun Laoirghre and then is late for a 75 or 75a .. also drivers pushed to sign off routes in route training ..the routes or some of ..should be all on there own rota like db. But gai have the 45A 59 63 63A 75 75A all on one Rota and duties so it's a mixed bag of a disaster . and then driver changes in dun Laoirghre ..probably late break and waiting for a bus that is late to do a change over for their 2nd half.



Aw139 mate you should post this on the other thread aswel to show people

2 people have thanked this post

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!