CiDeRmAn Category Moderator

An ad popped up for the Playstation Classic, offering it for $49.99 with free worldwide shipping.
I smell a rat!
So, obviously, I didn't order!

I had it pre-ordered from Amazon but cancelled it, figured I'd give it a little time, pick it up in the new year.

Retr0gamer Category Moderator

Inviere said:
Are the PS1 downloads on PSN still 50hz over here??

Other than imports that never got a PAL release and a few exceptions like the Resi games, they are all 50Hz.

1 person has thanked this post
o1s1n Registered User

That's actually shocking.

DaveyDave Registered User

It's been a while since I played Bully on PS4 but if I remember it has a ghosting effect to it as if it's a PS2 on composite running on a HDTV. Looks like crap especially compared to what emulators can do. It also doesn't help that Bully Scholarship Edition on 360 is a better looking point of reference.

I think it's wise for them to have some sort of filters or anti-aliasing, rather than just standard emulation. I believe they say the PS2 Games are upscaled to 1080p but they don't look it.

Inviere Registered User

Retr0gamer said:
Other than imports that never got a PAL release and a few exceptions like the Resi games, they are all 50Hz.

Fookin' hell Sony Might try and preoder a US one of these, just in case...

Fieldog Registered User

Inviere said:
Fookin' hell Sony Might try and preoder a US one of these, just in case...

I don't think they will be 50hZ in this day and age, are they that silly?

Everyone generally has 60hz capable HDTVs...

Nintendo didn't in fairness

Inviere Registered User

Fieldog said:

If they just dump the EU roms from the EU PSN store onto the Classic, then yeah, Retr0 could be right and we'll end up with the 50Hz versions. You know your bad when Nintendo make you look bad.

2 people have thanked this post
The Last Bandit Registered User

I would imagine is more to do with legal/licensing and localisation issues, different regions may have had different contracts for the games when first issued and all those EU language localisations aren't available in the NTSC/J versions.

It would be a lot simpler for Sony to maintain as few SKU & firmware images as possible.

Fieldog said:

Yeah surprised and glad Nintendo didn't. But also the developers of the NES and SNES mini hardware were European and knew our plight unlike previous VC iterations. Don't be surprised at how few ****s a US or JAP team gives about Europe. Also it looks like it's using Vita hardware and software so the easy thing to do is just port EU versions of the games.

They are still doing so on PSN with 50 Hz PS2 and PS1 games. I got Metal Slug anthology and it's 50Hz on PS4. and 50Hz causes frame pacing issues on Vita TV and PS4 so there's that to enjoy as well on a 60Hz display.

Cake of Tremendous Power Registered User

Metal Slug Anthology on PS4 is completely unplayable. Never should've been released

I at least got a refund for it.

sugarman Registered User

Retr0gamer said:
Yeah surprised and glad Nintendo didn't. But also the developers of the NES and SNES mini hardware were European and knew our plight unlike previous VC iterations. Don't be surprised at how few ****s a US or JAP team gives about Europe. Also it looks like it's using Vita hardware and software so the easy thing to do is just port EU versions of the games.

They are still doing so on PSN with 50 Hz PS2 and PS1 games. I got Metal Slug anthology and it's 50Hz on PS4. and 50Hz causes frame pacing issues on Vita TV and PS4 so there's that to enjoy as well on a 60Hz display.

That makes sense, its probably actually a PSTV in a new case! ...in which case id possibly be interested again

Inviere Registered User

TheFloW working his magic yet again

https://twitter.com/theflow0/status/1047080495312506880

BadTurtle Registered User

Anyone any ideas when the rest of the games might be announced for this?

Doge Registered User

Inviere said:

Managed to fix that corrupt data issue I had with my Vita after playing Kula World.

I just redownloaded VitaShell in the henkaku menu and all was resolved.

Quite handy that it's in the menu.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!