jimwallace197 Registered User

Hi guys,

I'm looking to raise the rent on my property. Its outside of a rent pressure zone so its need to what the going market rent of properties in the area are, just one thing, how do I find this out? Is comparables off daft enough but that doesn't really show what a property has been rented for? Thanks

Baby01032012 Registered User

Why doesn’t it. It shows the asking which all that’s required. Or you can select to show let agreed. As long as they are comparable in size type location it will be fine.

1 person has thanked this post
4ensic15 Registered User

Oust side of RPZ s it is hard to find comparators. Make sure to download the property details and not the variations between your property and the comparators. If the tenant challenges you at the RTB, you will have to explain your valuation as in better than x, not as good as Y hence the price.

4ensic15 said:
Oust side of RPZ s it is hard to find comparators. Make sure to download the property details and not the variations between your property and the comparators. If the tenant challenges you at the RTB, you will have to explain your valuation as in better than x, not as good as Y hence the price.

Make sure to download the property details and not the variations between your property and the comparators

How do you mean by this line? The variations between your property and the comparables? Thanks

Baby01032012 said:
Why doesn’t it. It shows the asking which all that’s required. Or you can select to show let agreed. As long as they are comparable in size type location it will be fine.

Thanks, how do I find the let agreeds of a particular area? I can find an agents let agreeds but there is only one in this area and I dont think he particularly good.

TheShow Registered User

Do your research of comparables on daft or other websites and take screenshots or print off the adds so you have hard evidence

tvjunki Registered User

Make sure you used the template for notification of rent increase on rtb website. You have to state 3comparable properties on your letter.

4ensic15 Registered User

jimwallace197 said:
Make sure to download the property details and not the variations between your property and the comparators

How do you mean by this line? The variations between your property and the comparables? Thanks

I meant note the variations. Has your property a bigger kitchen gardens etc.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!