kippy Registered User

awec said:
Main point of the valuation is to ensure that you aren't securing a 400,000 mortgage against an asset that's worth 200,000 at best.

Its a secondary aspect but not the main reason......surprisingly.

Sleepy Registered User

catrionanic said:
Sleepy was just being facetious. Yes, they will enter the property.

Nope, not being facetious. Still annoyed I had to pay €150 for the "valuation" when we purchased our home two years ago. They never entered the property and, for all I know, simply checked it existed on Google Maps, took a look at the PPR and signed a form for the bank. It's very handy money for those doing it!

catrionanic Registered User

Sleepy said:
Nope, not being facetious. Still annoyed I had to pay €150 for the "valuation" when we purchased our home two years ago. They never entered the property and, for all I know, simply checked it existed on Google Maps, took a look at the PPR and signed a form for the bank. It's very handy money for those doing it!

My god, I'm shocked. What an absolute joke. We had our own house valued by our buyers a few weeks ago and the valuer came into the house. We are paying for a valuation on our new house within the next few weeks, and I will be seriously annoyed if they don't even enter the property!

Fol20 Registered User

catrionanic said:
My god, I'm shocked. What an absolute joke. We had our own house valued by our buyers a few weeks ago and the valuer came into the house. We are paying for a valuation on our new house within the next few weeks, and I will be seriously annoyed if they don't even enter the property!

Its just a cog in the wheel to get your place. It might have just been a drive by valuation if its a refiance

spicymchaggis Registered User

I'm getting the valuation done tomorrow morning and they had to organise a time with sellers estate agent as they are entering the property.

godtabh Moderator

We sold our house last year. Valuer for the buyer came out. Reported back that the value was substantially lower that the agreed price to the tune of €100k. Bank made them pay for another valuation and they paid for a third. Was fine in the end but complicated the sale!

KKV Registered User

Got one done about 2 years ago. Came into the house, wandered around. I was buying so pointed out any and every flaw I could. He asked what I wanted it valued at, and I told him (but kept it reasonable).

He came back with the valuation I asked for. Valuation itself was free, but had the option of costing me €100 to get it in writing (which was fine with me). Saved me about €15k and was a nice chap to deal with, so was worth it.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!