the_syco Registered User

_brendand_ said:
Did you get a reference from a previous landlord?

If they screwed over the previous LL, the previous LL may have said anything to get them out.

Eireog1 said:
They have sent me a picture of the cheque that they are trying to lodge so that they can transfer the money to me

I don't see how their financial issues are your problem. Have the 14 day warning issued.

1 person has thanked this post
handlemaster Registered User

_brendand_ said:
Just curious, not trying to apportion blame or anything - it's not on for people to not pay rent without a very good reason such as becoming unemployed, and even then they should be in communication with you about that. Did you get a reference from a previous landlord?

you mean there is no reason not to pay rent

K.Flyer Registered User

Eireog1 said:
They have sent me a picture of the cheque that they are trying to lodge so that they can transfer the money to me rent should have been paid on the due date.

Sounds like another fob off excuse, anyone can write a cheque and send a pucture of it to you, without money in your account it is meaningless.
If you have not received any money in the last three months then you need to protect yourself from any more nonsense.
Tell them you giving them notice for all arrears to be brought up to date and if by the end of that notice the arrears are not cleared they will be issued with a termination notice.
Plenty of good tenants out there waiting.

3 people have thanked this post
ted1 Registered User

If you used a generic lease you’ll find a clause about leaving the property empty for more than 30 days.

https://www.let.ie/files/part4.pdf

See 3.6

After that assume that they have moved out. Simple dunk the stuff, keep receipts to use against deposit which is forefeitted and relet

1 person has thanked this post

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!