BarryD2 Registered User

I don't deny that what you outline above is the practice in the property business. I'm simply observing that it's at odds with many other areas of commerce that the public experience in daily life. And that is to the detriment of the reputations of those involved. It's why nurses, doctors and engineers etc tend to be rated highly in terms of trust whilst estate agents/ auctioneers etc come near the bottom..

davo10 Banned

BarryD2 said:
I don't deny that what you outline above is the practice in the property business. I'm simply observing that it's at odds with many other areas of commerce that the public experience in daily life. And that is to the detriment of the reputations of those involved. It's why nurses, doctors and engineers etc tend to be rated highly in terms of trust whilst estate agents/ auctioneers etc come near the bottom..

I don't know why you are fixated on blaming EA's, it's obvious that the seller is the one who decides if a property sells.

Property sales are not covered by the Sale of Goods and Supply of Services Act for good reason. All commerce is governed by supply and demand economics. During the recession properties often sold at below asking which benefited the buyer, now that supply is low, properties go above asking. It isn't a hard concept to grasp.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!