whelan2 Registered User

Seems to be happening nearly every day around here. Last night an 05 swb was taken. Is it the same in the rest of the country?

1 person has thanked this post
MickeyShtyles Registered User

whelan2 said:
Seems to be happening nearly every day around here. Last night an 05 swb was taken. Is it the same in the rest of the country?

Yep. And I’m not too far from you either.
Then again, nearly every second new jeep on the road is a crusier.

whelan2 Registered User

MickeyShtyles said:
Yep. And I’m not too far from you either.
Then again, nearly every second new jeep on the road is a crusier.

These aren't new ones though. Mid noughties.

MfMan Registered User

Any ideas? Usually falls into either Travellers or Eastern europeans category...

Say my name Registered User

The Taliban.

(It must be very easy rob them).

_Brian Registered User

whelan2 said:

Know a chap with one, house was broken into but he had keys in bedroom, went to his uncles house and broke in and stole his same night.

They’re definitely being targeted Louth/Meath areas

ganmo Registered User

_Brian said:
Know a chap with one, house was broken into but he had keys in bedroom, went to his uncles house and broke in and stole his same night.

They’re definitely being targeted Louth/Meath areas

I know of another one that was nicked in dublin.
the one that whelan is on about was nicked at about 5.30 this am

emaherx Registered User

One taken locally here, was parked in field (with keys in I'd imagine) while owner was checking stock.

ED E Registered User

These lads have been on TV and have their own youtube channel. Very effective tracking. When they park it in a barn GPS trackers won't work but cellular triangulation and VHF hunting will get your motor/tractor/generator back.

https://www.trackersecurity.co.uk/

greysides Moderator

whelan2 said:
These aren't new ones though. Mid noughties.

Easier to maintain in the countries they're going to end up.

2 people have thanked this post
gozunda Registered User

whelan2 said:

Probably nothing to do with it - but I was talking to a Toyota dealer a couple of months back and afaikn the swb model is being discontinued.

The thefts sound like an organised job though and are probably being stole to order.

Are they breaking in to them or stealng the keys and then taking the vehicles?

visatorro Registered User

Nice crowd in the North are taking them for parts as well. Better off driving an old heap of dirt the way things are gone

enricoh Registered User

A lad beside me had his cruiser lifted a year or two ago.
He had a few distinctive stickers on the back window n got a phone call from a mate that was on the larne to stranrar ferry to meet him for breakfast on the ferry. He told yer man the Jeep was in his yard, then he pulled the curtains to see it gone! By the time it pulled up in stranrar the Scottish cops were there to lift yer man. Some Polish scumbag had his day ruined!

23 people have thanked this post
Who2 Registered User

The lads around this region aren’t polish or travelers . It’s a well known group of scumbags. they’ve taken four of my mates jeeps and two cars. It was quiet for a while as one of them was abroad for a while but it seems to be in full swing again since he came back. Brazen scum all late twenties to early thirties, the cops know them but won’t do them.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!