marieholmfan Registered User
#1

Is it time for one more tram station about 500 metres further on towards East wall? This could actually link to Docklands train station.

Infini Registered User
#2

marieholmfan said:
Is it time for one more tram station about 500 metres further on towards East wall? This could actually link to Docklands train station.


Wouldnt be much point theres a bridge there for starters and the luas stops are only a short walk either side of it.

Lord Glentoran Registered User
#3

Infini said:
Wouldnt be much point theres a bridge there for starters and the luas stops are only a short walk either side of it.


Says a lot about transport planning in Dublin though. Spencer Dock was going to be the permanent site for the ‘temporary’ station at Docklands. Until of course the temporary station was made permanent.

I await the excuses for this...

1 person has thanked this post
loyatemu Registered User
#4

wasn't there some talk of moving the train station recently? Possibly as part of the Dart upgrade.

Anyway it's 4 min walk from the station to the Luas stop, you'd spend as long changing platforms in some stations.

tara83 Registered User
#5
beauf Registered User
#6

marieholmfan said:
Is it time for one more tram station about 500 metres further on towards East wall? This could actually link to Docklands train station.


I think people are trying to make walking quicker than taking the luas...

Infini Registered User
#7

Lord Glentoran said:
Says a lot about transport planning in Dublin though. Spencer Dock was going to be the permanent site for the ‘temporary’ station at Docklands. Until of course the temporary station was made permanent.

I await the excuses for this...


Thing is though that if they move the station they dont necessarily have to demolish the existing one either. Could use it as a Sligo Service terminus with transfers to Luas/Dart. Think the moving was due to the line going underground further east as well.

2 people have thanked this post

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!