guylikeme Registered User

Surprised there wasnt a thread. Maybe there's just no shock factor any more to what happens.

Anyways..without debating who is right or wrong on this, id like to hear why Gardai wore Balacalavas. Seems a little overdone.

I am of course coming in late to all this, fill me in if i'm missing obvious detail.

southcentralts Registered User

From the little I know about it, gardai may have been wearing balaclavas in an overdone way when they were protesting about Frederick St and there was a reaction...So I too seem to be missing any details really!

1 person has thanked this post

Some of those Gardai have never worn a balaclava before! The state of them!!

2 people have thanked this post
Jimmy. Registered User

How did they eat the quarter pounder?

Sinus pain Registered User

It was the public order unit. I’m sure they were aware there would be a lot of press there and posts on social media and rightly or wrongly they didn’t want their faces posted all over the place - or they wanted to come across as intimidating?

21 people have thanked this post
corner of hells Registered User

Sinus pain said:
It was the public order unit. I’m sure they were aware there would be a lot of press there and posts on social media and rightly or wrongly they didn’t want their faces posted all over the place - or they wanted to come across as intimidating?

Shame on you , shame on you , SHAME ON YOU....

4 people have thanked this post
Hurrache Registered User

People ignoring court order shocked by their removal by Gardai and security, shocker.

Was it just because they wore balaclavas in this weather that they have issue with?

174 people have thanked this post
Wheeliebin30 Registered User

Because their faces would be plastered all over Facebook by morons claiming this and that.

Don’t blame them, they have families to protect too.

285 people have thanked this post
jay0109 Registered User

Have we found out yet who which politician owns the house in Belvedere court which was 'occupied' at the weekend?

3 people have thanked this post
Sinus pain Registered User

corner of hells said:
Shame on you , shame on you , SHAME ON YOU....

Shame on me? You ok hun?

11 people have thanked this post
blanch152 Registered User

Have we found out yet why the idiots who occupied the building thought they could achieve anything?

27 people have thanked this post
guylikeme Registered User

blanch152 said:
Have we found out yet why the idiots who occupied the building thought they could achieve anything?

I guess that the same was thought about the tank man in China. Rosa Parks on that bus. Numerous other examples.

Raising awareness of failed policies does achieve these things bit by bit.

59 people have thanked this post
Edgware Registered User

blanch152 said:

Any chance pimple head Murphy got a slap of a baton? It would be a good night's work

22 people have thanked this post
Wheeliebin30 Registered User

guylikeme said:
I guess that the same was thought about the tank man in China. Rosa Parks on that bus. Numerous other examples.

Raising awareness of failed policies does achieve these things bit by bit.

And by occupying someone’s property illegal is the right way to go about it?

46 people have thanked this post
Mongfinder General Registered User

I’ve seen numerous posters on my social media feed going nuts about the actions of Gardaí/UVF thugs/Garda Commissioner. Their histrionics is embarrassing.

If this is indicative of the new Commissioners approach, I’m looking forward to the next few months. They were straight in there. However, tackling a few crusties is way down the list of priorities. They need to smash fcuk out of any junkie/scumbag/burglar/pikey type who steps out of line.
Long overdue.

50 people have thanked this post

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!