WoollyRedHat Registered User
#226

Joeytheparrot said:
I think you missed the salad thread


I should of probably mentionined in addition to fried eggs, rashers and sausages. Better than frying imo!

AudreyHepburn Registered User
#227

Tomatoes - if they were the last food left on earth I wouldn’t touch them!

Also lard. It’s disgusting. Oil or nothing for me.

ArnoldJRimmer Registered User
#228

Hector Bellend said:
Beans are the cornerstone of good fry up.

Mushrooms and tomatoes can f*ck off. Beans are savage though


Beans don't belong in an Irish fry, and are also the only thing that can ruin the whole breakfast. Anything else you don't like can be pushed to the side, but bean juice permeates everything.

2 people have thanked this post
#229

Srameen said:
If you buy a decent one it's delicious. There are no breadcrumbs in them and certainly no meat. Pork blood, pork fat, or sometimes beef suet, and a cereal, preferably oatmeal, and some oat groats plus seasoning is all that's in it.

My grandmother used to make her own whenever the family slaughtered a pig.


I’ve had a range of different kinds. Seriously, from supermarket pudding to dishes containing it in fancy restaurants. Whatever the ingredients, not one have I liked. I simply don’t like black pudding. And oats are another foodstuff are generally not for me. So mentioning that it contains oats only underlines my dislike really. Some people (in real life) have almost got offended when I say I don’t like pudding. I don’t know why. Am I supposed to like the stuff because it’s traditionally Irish?

Badly Drunk Boy Registered User
#230

Obvious Desperate Breakfasts said:
I’ve had a range of different kinds. Seriously, from supermarket pudding to dishes containing it in fancy restaurants. Whatever the ingredients, not one have I liked. I simply don’t like black pudding. And oats are another foodstuff are generally not for me. So mentioning that it contains oats only underlines my dislike really. Some people (in real life) have almost got offended when I say I don’t like pudding. I don’t know why. Am I supposed to like the stuff because it’s traditionally Irish?


So you won't be having a healthy bowl of porridge instead of a fry, I take it?

Srameen Registered User
#231

Obvious Desperate Breakfasts said:
I’ve had a range of different kinds. Seriously, from supermarket pudding to dishes containing it in fancy restaurants. Whatever the ingredients, not one have I liked. I simply don’t like black pudding. And oats are another foodstuff are generally not for me. So mentioning that it contains oats only underlines my dislike really. Some people (in real life) have almost got offended when I say I don’t like pudding. I don’t know why. Am I supposed to like the stuff because it’s traditionally Irish?[


You're not supposed to like anything. It's personal choice or taste. I don't think anybody said if was obligatory for citizenship.

1 person has thanked this post
limnam Registered User
#232

Srameen said:
I don't think anybody said if was obligatory for citizenship.



When it comes to black pudding, it bloody well should be.


There'd be a lot less untrustworthy people around.

1 person has thanked this post
Feisar Registered User
#233

RhubarbCrumble said:
And me. Tasteless, hard and watery.


Get cherry tomatoes on the vine and roast them. I know I know, not traditional.

Feisar Registered User
#234

ArnoldJRimmer said:
Beans don't belong in an Irish fry, and are also the only thing that can ruin the whole breakfast. Anything else you don't like can be pushed to the side, but bean juice permeates everything.


Should always be served in a ramekin.

2 people have thanked this post
TerrorFirmer Registered User
#235

For me the big no-no's would be tomato, mushroom and beans.....beans are the worst, the sauce gets into everything.

The other big no-no is when it doesn't come with bread or toast.

jimgoose Registered User
#236

No beans in my fry, thank you. This is not negotiable. Baked beans are pleasant enough on toast or, occasionally, with sausage-chip-'n'-puddin' or similar, but not in a breakfast fry. I'm not too gone one tomatoes at breakfast either, but Woman likes them and I am prepared to give her that one.

jimgoose Registered User
#237

Srameen said:
You're not supposed to like anything. It's personal choice or taste. I don't think anybody said if was obligatory for citizenship.


Clonakilty have upped their black pudding game significantly in recent years after some time in the doldrums, fair play. This weather Oi arr mostly liking Shaw's and Rudd's - the latter has an unusually smooth, almost runny, sort of texture as black puddings go. Denny and Galtee "pudding" are for scutterin' gobsheens and Americans who are so out of it they think cheese-like-substance from a toothpaste tube is a good idea. Fuck 'em.

1 person has thanked this post
Deebles McBeebles Registered User
#238

None o' them foreign sausages.

Patww79 Registered User
#239

jimgoose said:
Clonakilty have upped their black pudding game significantly in recent years after some time in the doldrums, fair play. This weather Oi arr mostly liking Shaw's and Rudd's - the latter has an unusually smooth, almost runny, sort of texture as black puddings go. Denny and Galtee "pudding" are for scutterin' gobsheens and Americans who are so out of it they think cheese-like-substance from a toothpaste tube is a good idea. Fuck 'em.


I love Rudds.

jimgoose Registered User
#240

Patww79 said:
I love Rudds.


I like it too - unusual, but very tasty.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!