Cyrus T Buford Registered User
#1

Hi everyone. My first post and im asking for help!

I am looking for a death notice on Irish newspaper archives at the moment. I have been looking for it with about 2 weeks now and i just cant pin it down!

I am used to browsing/searching these archives but, this death notice, just doesn't want to be found

Could anyone give me a hand? Here are the details.

Hannah Crowley (nee o'donovan) ,derrigra, ballineen, died between 1995 and 2006.

Cheers guys!

pinkypinky Moderator
#2

What county was it?
Have you considered she might have died outside those dates?
Limit the search to national newspapers and the relevant county, to cut results.

The best way is to put in as little info as possible. I don't have a sub at the moment but this is what I'd do.

In the top box, put Hannah + Crowley
In the may also include box, put O'Donovan
Date years from 01/01 to 31/12

2 people have thanked this post
Cyrus T Buford Registered User
#3

pinkypinky said:
What county was it?
Have you considered she might have died outside those dates?
Limit the search to national newspapers and the relevant county, to cut results.

The best way is to put in as little info as possible. I don't have a sub at the moment but this is what I'd do.

In the top box, put Hannah + Crowley
In the may also include box, put O'Donovan
Date years from 01/01 to 31/12


Its County Cork

I am pretty certain its between those years. Her sister died in 1995 and her death notice mentions Hannah as alive. She does not appear on RIP.ie which started in 2006.

Thanks, i will give it another go with your tips!

AD61 Registered User
#4

Cyrus T Buford said:
She does not appear on RIP.ie which started in 2006.

Worth keeping in mind that RIP.ie was not as popular back in 2006 as it is now - I wouldn't rely on that as an absolute estimate for the date limit.

2 people have thanked this post
spurious Category Moderator
#5

A vote of sympathy was offered at the Castletown Harrier club at their AGM on November 20th 2004 for the Crowley family of Ballineen on the death of their mother Hannah Crowley whose late husband Mr. Con Crowley RIP was a founder of the club over fifty years ago.

Is that the right person?
That account is in the Southern Star, Saturday, November 27, 2004.

Not finding any other mentions yet.

**edit
She died November 10th, 2004.
It is in the Examiner of the next day.
I have sent you a private message.

5 people have thanked this post
Cyrus T Buford Registered User
#6

spurious said:
A vote of sympathy was offered at the Castletown Harrier club at their AGM on November 20th 2004 for the Crowley family of Ballineen on the death of their mother Hannah Crowley whose late husband Mr. Con Crowley RIP was a founder of the club over fifty years ago.

Is that the right person?
That account is in the Southern Star, Saturday, November 27, 2004.

Not finding any other mentions yet.

**edit
She died November 10th, 2004.
It is in the Examiner of the next day.
I have sent you a private message.


Thanks a million spurious!

I just went online and got the death record from the dates you provided!

Fantastic, thanks!!!!!!

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!