lakill Farm Registered User

First time poster over here

Looking at a project for a client and wondering what would be the general cost of hiring a Self employed third party transport manager for say a haulage firm or bus company

I understand that although the manager is qualified it’s max 4 companies they can manager for and max 50 vehicles.

Mods if this is in the wrong area please move

Also if someone doesn’t want to share prices I will accept pm.

Anyone

lakill Farm said:
First time poster over here

Looking at a project for a client and wondering what would be the general cost of hiring a Self employed third party transport manager for say a haulage firm or bus company

I understand that although the manager is qualified it’s max 4 companies they can manager for and max 50 vehicles.

Mods if this is in the wrong area please move

Also if someone doesn’t want to share prices I will accept pm.

Victor Registered User

I honestly don't know. Contacting transport companies or recruitment agents that work in the area may give you an idea.

Full-time with 50 vehicles, I would expect to be paying €50,000-100,000 per year for the manager only, with the operator paying for everything else.

1 person has thanked this post

Victor said:
I honestly don't know. Contacting transport companies or recruitment agents that work in the area may give you an idea.

Full-time with 50 vehicles, I would expect to be paying €50,000-100,000 per year for the manager only, with the operator paying for everything else.

Yes that seems to be the going rate 50 /60k in midlands on a salary. That costs 20/25 % more for holidays PRSI bank holidays without costs of office space etc

Thank you

1 person has thanked this post

so a bit of research so far

Getting fees of between 400 - 2000 per vehicle per year plus vat
retainer of 1500/2000l plus vat per year

and additional cost of 25/35 per additional artic trailer per month plus vat

(I think the lad who told me 400 was maybe telling porkies but anyway)

In the UK the prices are £100/125 per truck per month so £1200/1500 per year plus vat @20%.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!