Flashdan Registered User
#46

Mine arrived and it is great, no problems at all. I think the default brightness was a bit high but apart from that, great.

My friend ordered one and it said 1-2 months delivery. He got it in a week. He also thinks its a really good screen.

bazwaldo Registered User
#47

Anyone using it as a monitor? Is the text too big given its such a large screen with FHD resolution?

Synode Registered User
#48

bazwaldo said:
Anyone using it as a monitor? Is the text too big given its such a large screen with FHD resolution?


I use it as a work monitor. I've been using a 27 inch Philips for a few years and it's the exact same as that. Not sure what you'd define as 'too big'. I sometimes zoom out on Excel to get more into the screen

1 person has thanked this post
bazwaldo Registered User
#49

Synode said:
I use it as a work monitor. I've been using a 27 inch Philips for a few years and it's the exact same as that. Not sure what you'd define as 'too big'. I sometimes zoom out on Excel to get more into the screen


Must be fine so. I'm tempted to get one. Great price.

Flashdan Registered User
#50

Mine is used for HD gaming, and its great. If you had a amazing PC gamer setup then you would want 144mhz 4k etc

I still want to buy one for me as I gave the one i got to my wife.

FutbolCian Registered User
#51

Price gone to £219.35 now.

bazwaldo Registered User
#52

FutbolCian said:
Price gone to £219.35 now.


Back to 124.99 looking now.

1 person has thanked this post
whiterebel Moderator
#53

Very nice screen, thanks OP.

cruizer22b Registered User
#54

Thanks OP set mine up the other night and it is excellent. Arrived within a few days even though originally it had oct/nov.

ejmaztec Registered User
#55

I ordered one last week, and the whole thing's been a shambles. The tracking has been like the weather, changeable. One day it was going to be delivered on 26th September, then it changed to "from the 19th to 26th", then it was handed to the courier in Rugby on Sunday, then they grabbed the money from my credit card.

This morning it was still the same Rugby info on the tracking. I started a chat with them, asking why, if it was in the hands of a courier, was it not getting delivered before 26th. "Anjli" waffled for a bit, then eventually told me that there was a delivery hold up at the courier end, but that I would still get the monitor by 26th.

About half an hour after finishing the chat, I checked the tracking again. This time it said that An Post couldn't deliver it, and that it was going to sent back. As I work from home, I knew damn well that no one had tried to deliver anything.

I then rang Amazon and spoke to another bod whose accent was hard to follow. He started telling me that it was "un-deliverable" because it was probably damaged in transit or something, and they'd send a replacement or give me a refund. I settled on a replacement, and again told him that no one had tried to deliver anything, damaged or not.

He disappeared for a while, then came back to tell me that the item had been removed from their site, mumbling about problems with the whole consignment, and then offered me a refund.

After all the faffing around, that was that.

ButtersSuki Registered User
#56

Seems to be gone now, damn, after humming and hawing for a while I missed this. Will likely pop up again I'm sure/hopefully if camelcamelcamel is anything to go by.

ButtersSuki Registered User
#57

ejmaztec said:
I ordered one last week, and the whole thing's been a shambles. The tracking has been like the weather, changeable. One day it was going to be delivered on 26th September, then it changed to "from the 19th to 26th", then it was handed to the courier in Rugby on Sunday, then they grabbed the money from my credit card.

This morning it was still the same Rugby info on the tracking. I started a chat with them, asking why, if it was in the hands of a courier, was it not getting delivered before 26th. "Anjli" waffled for a bit, then eventually told me that there was a delivery hold up at the courier end, but that I would still get the monitor by 26th.

About half an hour after finishing the chat, I checked the tracking again. This time it said that An Post couldn't deliver it, and that it was going to sent back. As I work from home, I knew damn well that no one had tried to deliver anything.

I then rang Amazon and spoke to another bod whose accent was hard to follow. He started telling me that it was "un-deliverable" because it was probably damaged in transit or something, and they'd send a replacement or give me a refund. I settled on a replacement, and again told him that no one had tried to deliver anything, damaged or not.

He disappeared for a while, then came back to tell me that the item had been removed from their site, mumbling about problems with the whole consignment, and then offered me a refund.

After all the faffing around, that was that.



Their Customer Service has gone from outstanding to a shambles. A few weeks back I ordered an Otterbox iPhone Cover for a certain phone in a specific colour. They sent the wrong colour, and the cover was for a completely different phone. Took almost 4 weeks to sort. The end result? They refunded me after promising they'd send a replacement for 3.9 of those 4 weeks.

ejmaztec Registered User
#58

ButtersSuki said:
Seems to be gone now, damn, after humming and hawing for a while I missed this. Will likely pop up again I'm sure/hopefully if camelcamelcamel is anything to go by.


As I explained, the "bargain" was removed after I spoke to the fella. in fact someone probably removed it before I finished talking to him.

Amazon have been a joke for a long time. I even signed for the Prime free trial to see if I could speed things up, and it didn't make a blind bit of difference. I certainly won't carry on after the trial period's finished.

cfeeneyinterior Registered User
#59

ejmaztec said:
As I explained, the "bargain" was removed after I spoke to the fella. in fact someone probably removed it before I finished talking to him.

Amazon have been a joke for a long time. I even signed for the Prime free trial to see if I could speed things up, and it didn't make a blind bit of difference. I certainly won't carry on after the trial period's finished.

Have to say i have had at least 20 deliveries through prime recently and all have been smooth. And amazingly quick. They were absolutely shocking beofre , using the free delivery option. Also got this, "bargain" as you say, I knew it would be slower than the two days that I'm used to now with prime but as it said it would be a few weeks, can't remember exactly. Came within a week though.

ejmaztec Registered User
#60

cfeeneyinterior said:
Have to say i have had at least 20 deliveries through prime recently and all have been smooth. And amazingly quick. They were absolutely shocking beofre , using the free delivery option. Also got this, "bargain" as you say, I knew it would be slower than the two days that I'm used to now with prime but as it said it would be a few weeks, can't remember exactly. Came within a week though.


I did order another monitor, a 27" iiyama, which was about €50 cheaper than Elara's weekly offer. It was just as well that I did, because I discovered that my "refund" wasn't a refund as such, but they'd used it to credit me with a gift card balance.

Had I not bought another monitor from them, I'd probably be fighting to get a proper refund. As it turned out, they just grabbed another €28 to cover the balance.

We'll see what happens this time.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!