wiz569 Registered User

long_b said:
I've read the thread and scoured YouTube but no joy.

Has anyone gotten these to work with Google Assistant on their phone WITHOUT having a Google Home device ?

Running Android 8.0 on an S7, not seeing "Home Control" or the option to add devices anywhere in the Google Assistant settings.

Have you followed the instructions I posted earlier? Failing try asking Google to open settings-home control

1 person has thanked this post
long_b Registered User

wiz569 said:
Have you followed the instructions I posted earlier? Failing try asking Google to open settings-home control

Reckon so.
Am I supposed to see Home Control somewhere?

wiz569 Registered User

long_b said:
Reckon so.
Am I supposed to see Home Control somewhere?

Hmm should be there in services below music, have you tried installing Google home app first then doing the steps again?

long_b Registered User

wiz569 said:
Hmm should be there in services below music, have you tried installing Google home app first then doing the steps again?

Thanks for that.
I've reinstalled the Google Home app alright, no joy.
There was a suggestion to change the language to English (US) but that didn't make the option appear either.

Tinder Surprise Registered User

long_b said:
Thanks for that.
I've reinstalled the Google Home app alright, no joy.
There was a suggestion to change the language to English (US) but that didn't make the option appear either.

this help?

taken from here: https://www.techwalls.com/home-control-missing-google-home-app/

long_b Registered User

Tinder Surprise said:

I don't have the same button on the right hand side

SCOOP 64 Registered User

Got 2 more for €14.73 , total amount seem correct,confirmed by email from Paypal, discount code +157 D points to get it for this amount, this included the delivery charge of £2.41.

bidiots Registered User

Ordered the 16 Aug and still nothing delivered - wouldnt want to be paranoid

sioda Registered User

August 16 as well and no sign. If not here by end if next week I'll start to chase

whowantstwoknow Registered User

somebody save me from these things, read the replies but still cant understand why they wont pair

Thanks
W.

wiz569 Registered User

whowantstwoknow said:
somebody save me from these things, read the replies but still cant understand why they wont pair

Thanks
W.

I had to plug mine in about 6 inches from the router and make sure your connected to a 2.4ghz wifi, once paired you can move them anywhere you want.

Henryhill2 Registered User

How do you get 2 people to share use of 1 sonoff ,is it simply a matter of the second person scanning for it?

Anyone having trouble with the widget?

I'm getting an error code half the time 'dont change too quickly' or similar message

bromley52 Registered User

Henryhill2 said:
How do you get 2 people to share use of 1 sonoff ,is it simply a matter of the second person scanning for it?

Anyone having trouble with the widget?

I'm getting an error code half the time 'dont change too quickly' or similar message

I use mine with Google Home and the whole family can control them.

fergiesfolly Registered User

My two arrived and no customs charges, so that's great.
They paired with my wifi from another room and linked easily to my Google home devices, so that's great.
But it won't accept anything above 10 amp, so the plans for the kettle et,c are out the window.
Bar table lamps, has anyone put these to practical use.

Henryhill2 Registered User

bromley52 said:
I use mine with Google Home and the whole family can control them.

Ok I'll research it

Do I need anything apart from the google home app?

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!