One More Toy Registered User

Hello

I'm wondering has anyone had any issue receiving the above after the introduction of the new form?

I'm missing 3 weeks illness benefit but know the forms have been received due to sending by registered post

On hold now for half an hour to the illness benefit line

NickD Registered User

I applied for illness benefit three weeks ago and have heard nothing. I'm not sure if this is normal.

ruger2012 Registered User

I received 3 payments in the same week haven't been able to get through to illness benefit but it's something to do with them changing the payment dates to match your sick line dates and apparently there's quite a load of people didn't get paid

One More Toy Registered User

ruger2012 said:
I received 3 payments in the same week haven't been able to get through to illness benefit but it's something to do with them changing the payment dates to match your sick line dates and apparently there's quite a load of people didn't get paid

Saw that on twitter, took an hour on hold to get through to the phone line today

Turnipman Registered User

http://www.welfare.ie/en/Pages/Illness-Benefit-Customer-Update.aspx

"Wednesday 15 August 4.15pm - Update for Customers regarding some Illness Benefit Payment delay:

We are experiencing further delays in making payments to Illness Benefit customers this week. We are working to resolve these issues as soon as possible. Our sincere apologies for any inconvenience and we thank our customers for their patience and understanding.
Those affected by this delay, who may be in need of urgent financial assistance, are welcome to contact their local Community Welfare Service at their local Intreo Centre.
We will continue to assist and inform customers during this period via Social media - Twitter (@Welfare_ie), our website www.welfare.ie and our staff-operated customer phone-lines."

missymunchkin Registered User

I haven’t received this weeks payment bb2 hours on hold to them.

missymunchkin Registered User

splinter65 Registered User

missymunchkin said:

There are massive problems with Illness Benefit this week. You need to hang up and try to make an appointment tomorrow with the CWO to get an SWA because your probably not going to get sorted out by tomorrow close of business if you don’t.

1 person has thanked this post
banie01 Registered User

Illness benefit really is screwed up over the last couple of weeks.
I received a full rate payment on the 7/8, then received a payment for 5 days on the 9/8 and a payment for 1 day on the 14/8.
Currently on monthly certs and up to date on those.
To date I have spent 8hrs on the Illness Benefit phone system without speaking to an agent :/

NickD Registered User

I spoke to a lady today after forty minutes on hold, she said they've only received the initial cert that I sent in not the following two. Now I don't know where I am

You all need to see the CWO today if you can.

ruger2012 Registered User

I messaged them via Twitter the other day and was assured a call back but nothing yet

cobhguy28 Registered User

My Girlfriend has the same issue, Should of been paid Wednesday Still nothing, Went into the local Social Welfare office today. They said wait till TUESDAY and if not paid come back then. They said they had a stream of people into them all week about it. 
We are lucky as we don't need to rely on it for bills, but for most people it is totally unacceptable to be casually waved off and told return next week.

cobhguy28 said:
My Girlfriend has the same issue, Should of been paid Wednesday Still nothing, Went into the local Social Welfare office today. They said wait till TUESDAY and if not paid come back then. They said they had a stream of people into them all week about it. 
We are lucky as we don't need to rely on it for bills, but for most people it is totally unacceptable to be casually waved off and told return next week.

The customers with no income at all would have been offered SWA at the SW office you see. You didn’t get it because you have an income.

cobhguy28 Registered User

splinter65 said:
cobhguy28 said:

The customers with no income at all would have been offered SWA at the SW office you see. You didn’t get it because you have an income.

The person behind the counter would not of know that I support my girlfriend while she is out of work injured. He told her as it was Friday afternoon that the person who can write a check in an emergency would not be back till Tuesday.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!