• Yes they are! (55.56%)
  • Not yet.. (44.44%)
CiDeRmAn Category Moderator

Inviere said:
Damn, there goes my plan to start fleecing old 360 sports games from CeX and flogging them in the Marketplace for twice the price. I was going to be rich, rich beyond my wildest dreams

But, Lost Planet and Madden 06 are so R@R€!!!

3 people have thanked this post
super_furry Registered User

What I think is going to be interesting going forward with that generation is the delisted digital games. There's a hell of a lot of Xbox 360 Arcade games that never got a physical release that can't be bought now. The likes of After Burner Climax, Outrun 2, Marble Blast Ultra and Scott Pilgrim, if you don't already have them, you're never getting them.

banie01 Registered User

I think the consoles named are approaching retro at this stage, they are all nearly 12y.o platforms at this stage.
That the bulk of my gaming these days is via emulator on the Shield or Geforce.
The only console I have still is my PS3 that I still return to for GTA/RDR and some other PS3 classics.

Kenjataimu Wanted Level

Now is probably the time to be picking up PS3/360 games.

I've noticed a small change in charity shops & car boot sales, there is a lot more PS3 era games over the last year.
Not sure if thats the same everywhere or not.

1 person has thanked this post
Inviere Registered User

super_furry said:
The likes of After Burner Climax, Outrun 2, Marble Blast Ultra and Scott Pilgrim, if you don't already have them, you're never getting them.

Not strictly true. An RGH’d 360 is the obvious solution. Yes it’s technically piracy, but with no way to actually pay for those games, I can’t say I’d lose any sleep over it. Secondly, 360 emulation, while nowhere near practicable yet, is making progress. In time, it’ll become a viable method of experiencing those games.

super_furry said:
What I think is going to be interesting going forward with that generation is the delisted digital games. There's a hell of a lot of Xbox 360 Arcade games that never got a physical release that can't be bought now. The likes of After Burner Climax, Outrun 2, Marble Blast Ultra and Scott Pilgrim, if you don't already have them, you're never getting them.

I've two of those at least, Outrun 2 HD and Marble Blast.
I think Daytona is on that list as well

o1s1n Registered User

Inviere said:
Not strictly true. An RGH’d 360 is the obvious solution. Yes it’s technically piracy, but with no way to actually pay for those games, I can’t say I’d lose any sleep over it. Secondly, 360 emulation, while nowhere near practicable yet, is making progress. In time, it’ll become a viable method of experiencing those games.

Once again piracy saves the day when it comes to videogame Archiving.

1 person has thanked this post
Inviere Registered User

o1s1n said:
Once again piracy saves the day when it comes to videogame Archiving.

Whem it comes to digital only titles with expired licenses, piracy leads the way. How wrong is that, when the law gets so tangled up in itself, the only solution becomes theft.

Steve X2 Moderator

Inviere said:
Whem it comes to digital only titles with expired licenses, piracy leads the way. How wrong is that, when the law gets so tangled up in itself, the only solution becomes theft.

But your point is valid of course, I've just been waiting to use that pic

3 people have thanked this post
Doge Registered User

You wouldn't download a car!

7 people have thanked this post

Doge said:
You wouldn't download a car!

You wouldn't kill a policeman, steal his helmet, go to the toilet in it, give it back, then steal it again!

Cake of Tremendous Power Registered User

The "not yet" side is catching up. This is all very exciting.

Inviere Registered User

Cake of Tremendous Power said:
The "not yet" side is catching up. This is all very exciting.

The "not yet side", aka, "Those who half read the thread title, and just voted on the general question of if 7th gen is retro or not."

Cake of Tremendous Power Registered User

Inviere said:
The "not yet side", aka, "Those who half read the thread title, and just voted on the general question of if 7th gen is retro or not."

I believe this is precisely what I did
Tbh, I think as far as the marketplace is concerned we could include the Wii U as well.

2 people have thanked this post
eddhorse Registered User

Yeah i just want more consoles at better prices

2 people have thanked this post

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!