degsie Registered User

Hilly Bill said:
Not once have i done 30 kph over that bit but you can't risk taking the piss either because of the traffic lights on the other side and potentially cars stop just over the bend..

Always thought you go around a bend, maybe I'm mistaken.

Hilly Bill Registered User

degsie said:

Yes, you are mistaken.

1 person has thanked this post
dashcamdanny Registered User

magicbastarder said:
may? i would see it at nearly every set of lights, cars not just 'squeezing through' on an amber, but gunning it when they see one. it's constant.

it's funny though that there's now a terminology, 'late amber'; 'early red' - red is red. amber is amber.
the argument is lost if that's where we're at.

Well may would be the wrong word. fairly often would be better.

Late ambers was tossed around quite alot in my Cat D training and testing. Stop unless it is unsafe to do so. Covers alot. Gunning it would not be a reason

Dravokivich Registered User

degsie said:

There's a bend on the crest of the over pass in question.

2 people have thanked this post
bigar Registered User

ELM327 said:
That was my point.
0.001% of motorists may break the red light but a vast majority of cyclists do.

When I am on my motorbike, I filter through to the traffic light. When there I seem many more cars breaking a red than bicycles. When I move off when green, I always look right and left first as it is possible cars will still go through red. This is a daily occurrence.

troyzer Registered User

degsie said:
This is because lazy fat-ass drivers refuse to get out of an overtaking lane and enter the driving lane.

Or you're getting into position to turn right?

troyzer Registered User

Charles Babbage said:
If you are in the left lane, then you can only be dangerously overtaken.

As I replied to another guy, there's a junction at Palmerstown that I turn right at regularly so I usually get into lane a few hundred metres before. The road is too busy to change lanes at the last moment.

Which is when every prick in an Audi verbalises their faux outrage at the car in front of them doing the speed limit (or slightly above) and trying to go right.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!