Stephen15 Registered User

spurious said:
The free buses for the Papal event are in addition to the city services.

So it's only the additional shuttle buses that are free and the regular DB buses are not?

Mrs OBumble Registered User

ohnonotgmail said:
I'm still waiting for somebody to explain why these buses must be free.

Vastly faster loading times.

punisher5112 Registered User

ohnonotgmail said:
I'm still waiting for somebody to explain why these buses must be free.

It will mean all the tourists and country folk with their €50 or €500 notes for that matter trying to pay for the bus and grind the city to a hault.

It will make it hopefully easier to get around and people will ditch their cars.

3 people have thanked this post
ohnonotgmail Registered User

punisher5112 said:
It will mean all the tourists and country folk with their €50 or €500 notes for that matter trying to pay for the bus and grind the city to a hault.

It will make it hopefully easier to get around and people will ditch their cars.

you would wonder how tourists manage the rest of the year.

1 person has thanked this post
Hotblack Desiato Registered User

I don't think I've heard more nonsense in my life than on this thread. Some people will go to any length to justify anything.

Lord Glentoran Registered User

Is there anything to be said for another Mass?

ohnonotgmail said:
you would wonder how tourists manage the rest of the year.

They don't..... But when there will be so many it would grind to a hault.

Lord Glentoran said:
Is there anything to be said for another Mass?

Yes..... Oh I love a good mass.....

Put the brick on the accelerater!!!

Stephen15 Registered User

How many tourists bar Spanish students and airport routes actually need to use DB buses? The city centre all pretty manageable on foot and all popular tourist destinations outside the city centre (Howth, Malahide, DL, Dalkey, Greystones, Bray etc.) are all accessible by DART. The only that I think that might be popular with tourists is the 44 and 185 out to Enniskerry.

cherryghost Frequent Support Feeder

Will I get a partial refund or an extension on my Leapcard taxsaver since I'm playing for 365 days access?

markpb Registered User

Stephen15 said:
How many tourists bar Spanish students and airport routes actually need to use DB buses? The city centre all pretty manageable on foot and all popular tourist destinations outside the city centre (Howth, Malahide, DL, Dalkey, Greystones, Bray etc.) are all accessible by DART. The only that I think that might be popular with tourists is the 44 and 185 out to Enniskerry.

There are a few hotels outside the city centre. Quite a few of them are on bus routes, not Dart.

john boye Registered User

punisher5112 said:
Yes..... Oh I love a good mass.....

Put the brick on the accelerater!!!

I thought the first one went very well

fly_agaric Registered User

Allinall said:
I’d imagine it’s a lot more accurate than a straw poll of boards posters.

I doubt it. Everyone in my own statistically robust straw poll is a good little modern Irish liberal consensus paragon of tolerance, virtue & progress who rightly despises the Church (full of abusers, clapped out old people, and strange, earnest youths who won't fit in + go with the flow!).

vid36 Registered User

Have people here been to major events abroad?At Euro 2012 in Poland, a match ticket entitled the holder to free public transport in the city during match day.A similar situation operated at Russia 2018
For the Ireland match at Gelsenkirchen in October 2014, a match ticket entitled the holder to free regional and city transport En route to the stadium and also was valid for the return journey.
I also think there were special transport arrangements for Londpn 2012 but I did not attend.
A match ticket for Euro 2016 also gave me free city travel in Bordeaux and Lille during Match day.

L1011 Moderator

vid36 said:
Have people here been to major events abroad?At Euro 2012 in Poland, a match ticket entitled the holder to free public transport in the city during match day.A similar situation operated at Russia 2018
For the Ireland match at Gelsenkirchen in October 2014, a match ticket entitled the holder to free regional and city transport En route to the stadium and also was valid for the return journey.
I also think there were special transport arrangements for Londpn 2012 but I did not attend.
A match ticket for Euro 2016 also gave me free city travel in Bordeaux and Lille during Match day.

All of which had funding arrangements in place. This doesnt.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!