GuessWhoEh Registered User

Kevin Finnerty said:
In a former life I was an AH Mod. Dealing with scumbags every day only upside was the free coke and hookers.

Frankie is that you?

PlaneSpeeking Registered User

Roger Hassenforder said:
A third whispering in his ear.....

"Who's a filthy pig...you are, oh you filthy dirty little piggy...another reacharound? you filthy little swine....

An xgirlfriend of a friend of mine was into breeding horses, when they brought a mare to be covered, sometimes she'd have to "lend a hand" with the stallion. They eventually broke up, I reckon because he could never get over the feelings of inadequacy when she, ahem, held him in her hand.

You b**tard!!!

My boss now knows I wasn't looking at a Word doc!!

I had to leave the room!!!

7 people have thanked this post
RhubarbCrumble Registered User

Dunnes Stores. Enough said.

The majority of my workmates were sound and we all had a bit of a laugh together, but Jesus there are a lot of Dunnes managers that should have been drowned at birth.
I think I met about two decent ones.

8 people have thanked this post
indioblack Registered User

Ave Sodalis said:
I know I've spoken about it before on Boards so I'll not bore people now, but I did work as little better than a slave at one point. As you can imagine, it wasn't pleasant, but oddly not where I was most miserable.

That award goes to being a cleaner (in private houses). I was studying and it was something I could work somewhat around my course, so I thought it would be a good idea. I actually enjoy cleaning my own home, it's just the tidying I don't like. However, what I didn't account for is that people are disgusting. People who take "if it's yellow, let it mellow" far too seriously and I would have to cover my face to walk in to flush the toilet, pungent smells of unknown origin, stains of unknown origin, mouldy food left under sofas so it could near walk off by itself, people leaving their kids baby teeth on the kitchen table... a lot of things I didn't want to touch or go near. It was a stomach churning experience.

My sister works as a cleaner in several private houses. Most of the people she worked for were OK - but one she found was a nightmare. To use the probably un-pc definition, these people were middle class - good jobs, able to pay someone to come in and clean for them. This particular family may have had the thinking of, "Why have a cleaner if you have to do it yourself?"
My sister understood this, but was angered at some of the basic lack of hygiene - her anger focused on the families son who was often drunk and threw up in the toilet cubicle. Not just vomit in the bowl, but sprayed around the surrounding area. This was left for the cleaner to take care of.
Also, these people didn't seem to know what to do after they'd had a bowel movement - basic stuff like that.
On a less extreme note, when I worked in a factory I was assigned to work with a group of people in an office. I'd worked on the shop floor all my life - so you had to have order, be organised and keep the work stations clean and tidy. I had to do all of this for these people because it never seemed to occur to them that it was more efficient to do it for themselves.
They never grasped the benefits of good housekeeping in the work place - and it was their work place as much as mine.
The factory had cleaners so they made no effort to be tidy. They couldn't empty waste paper baskets - I even had to find waste paper baskets for one area otherwise rubbish would just be thrown to the floor. One advantage of being on the shop floor - I knew where to "find" waste paper baskets.
Who were these people?
They were the quality department!

4 people have thanked this post

Aglomerado said:
Bet he doesn't buy dinner afterwards....

He WAS dinner

3 people have thanked this post
Hector Savage Registered User

Roger Hassenforder said:

"Who's a filthy pig...you are, oh you filthy dirty little piggy...another reacharound? you filthy little swine....

An xgirlfriend of a friend of mine was into breeding horses, when they brought a mare to be covered, sometimes she'd have to "lend a hand" with the stallion. They eventually broke up, I reckon because he could never get over the feelings of inadequacy when she, ahem, held him in her hand.

In Spanish there is a word for a horse wanker - mamporerro ..

1 person has thanked this post
arctictree Registered User

Roger Hassenforder said:

My sympathies are with the old nag that they bring in to get the mare aroused. He can spend hours at this caressing her while being kicked constantly. Just when she's ready and he's about to mount her, they throw him out in the field and bring in the stallion to finish the job!

3 people have thanked this post
Ragnar Lothbrok Registered User

arctictree said:
My sympathies are with the old nag that they bring in to get the mare aroused. He can spend hours at this caressing her while being kicked constantly. Just when she's ready and he's about to mount her, they throw him out in the field and bring in the stallion to finish the job!

It's official: THAT has to be the worst job ever!

2 people have thanked this post

RhubarbCrumble said:
Dunnes Stores. Enough said.

The majority of my workmates were sound and we all had a bit of a laugh together, but Jesus there are a lot of Dunnes managers that should have been drowned at birth.
I think I met about two decent ones.

I used to work in Supervalu ... back in 1996, the wage was £2.83 an hour - but we had to stay an extra hour if we were on the last shift which I usually was since I was still in school - to clean up and we didn't get paid for that extra hour.

My God the managers, special place in hell for those c*nts.
I was there recently at the same branch and couldn't believe one of the weedy f*ckers was still there.

22 years he's been in that ****hole, jesus I'd shoot myself.

10 people have thanked this post
Tombo2001 Registered User

Without doubt a kebab shop in Rathmines - the name of which sounds like the word magicians say when they are doing a magic trick.

Did the night shift, queues of 14/15/16 punters at a time, at 3am.....all hungry for their doners; working your ass off for 2.20 an hour.

To top it all off, I got let go after three weeks because apparently, according to the manager, I couldnt handle the pace.

This was back in the day when there was 20% unemployment, and even the crappest job had 50 people waiting to do it.

RhubarbCrumble Registered User

Hector Savage said:
I used to work in Supervalu ... back in 1996, the wage was £2.83 an hour

I started in Dunnes in 1998. £4.12 an hour. That was amazing at the time. Roches and Quinnsworth were on a £3 something.
My first weeks wages after tax was £121.07. I remember it well.

4 people have thanked this post

RhubarbCrumble said:
I started in Dunnes in 1998. £4.12 an hour. That was amazing at the time. Roches and Quinnsworth were on a £3 something.
My first weeks wages after tax was £121.07. I remember it well.

Yeah, we were the losers working in Supervalu, I remember colleagues at the time talking about Dunnes paying ~£4 an hour.

The following summer I got a job at a wharehouse for £5 an hour! - at the time I felt rich!!

And that was a boring boring job but great craic!

arctictree Registered User

Ragnar Lothbrok said:

I've seen worse.

Spent some time working in Nigeria. The odd day we would have lunch at a local golf club. The clubhouse overlooked this water feature that looked and smelled like an open sewer. The odd time a golf ball would land in this 'water' and some local boys would dive in to try and retrieve it. In addition, there were massive crocodiles lying around on the banks. Now that is the worst job I've seen.

BeerWolf Registered User

Town maintenance; i.e. a road sweeper basically.

Fun

Ave Sodalis Registered User

Ragnar Lothbrok

The teaser usually covers the foster mares, I wouldn't feel too bad for him!

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!