natashaob6 Registered User
#1

I remember back in the eighties working in a meat factory and it was the most disgusting job I ever did and could not wait to Jack it in as it involved the slaughter of sheep and my job was to separate the eddible parts of the sheep's organs from the organs you could not eat. At the time we were in a recession and to be honest it was hard to get a job that I liked so I took the first job that came up for financial reasons. So have any of you ever worked in a job you hated but took it say for financial or other reasons?

5 people have thanked this post
verycool Registered User
#2

natashaob6 said:
I remember back in the eighties working in a meat factory and it was the most disgusting job I ever did and could not wait to Jack it in as it involved the slaughter of sheep and my job was to separate the eddible parts of the sheep's organs from the organs you could not eat. At the time we were in a recession and to be honest it was hard to get a job that I liked so I took the first job that came up for financial reasons. So have any of you ever worked in a job you hated but took it say for financial or other reasons?



Were you fired by any chance?!

Kevin Finnerty Registered User
#3

In a former life I was an AH Mod. Dealing with scumbags every day only upside was the free coke and hookers.

9 people have thanked this post
Hector Savage Registered User
#4

I worked as a temp in the US in an insurance company, all paperwork.
To say it was soul destroyingly BORING is a f*cking understatment ... the amount of SH!TE I had to trawl through ... jebus!

ohnonotgmail Registered User
#5

Working in an off licence opposite the SFX in Dublin. attracted every alcoholic in the area. Not to mention the chaos if there was a gig on.

Hector Savage Registered User
#6

I also had a summer job in a wharehouse, and it was good craic , great colleagues and got to arse about on a forklift.

But once we had a stash of memory cards that were mislabeled as 256MB instead of 128 ... or something similar, we had to manually remove labels ... jesus it was ****ing AWFUL.

I woke up that night with my fingers twitching in a scraping motion, ****ing weird.

snoopsheep Registered User
#7

i once found myself cleaning grout in a jacks using a toothbrush

cold-calling uk customers to sell life insurance was worse. much worse.

managing civil servants.....hmm id have to think about it tbh

2 people have thanked this post
grahambo Subscriber
#8

I worked in bookies on Pearse street in Dublin.

It was appalling. Dreadful work, dealing with awful people.

One day this regular came in with docket with odds on it for a horse at 11/1, the live odds on the screen we had said 9/1.
I told him I had to change the odds on the docket and he went mental, and told me to "Just put it f**king on" so I changed the odds docket and put it on.

Horse came in and your man came to collect his money, he was €400 short as I'd changed the odds.
He told me I was f**king dead. He was a total scobe so I ignored it for the most part explaining to him that he told me to put it on.

Anyway 5:30pm rolls round and I'm leaving, guess who's waiting for me across the road with a load of his mates with sticks and sh*t.
Got chased to Pearse Train station.

Never went back.
Worst. Job. Ever.

68 people have thanked this post
D3V!L Registered User
#9

I know a guy (not me) that was a pig and turkey fluffer

snoopsheep Registered User
#10

D3V!L said:
I know a guy (not me) that was a pig and turkey fluffer


filthy swine

2 people have thanked this post
ohnonotgmail Registered User
#11

D3V!L said:
I know a guy (not me) that was a pig and turkey fluffer



you do know what a fluffer is, right?

2 people have thanked this post
Red_Wake Registered User
#12

I used to work in the jacob's biscuits factory.

I had to leave after I found out how they put the figs in the fig rolls. Disgusting.

8 people have thanked this post
Sky King Registered User
#13

I worked for a global courier. On a typical day I had to put the message in the box, put the box into a car and then, (depending on how busy we were) I often had to drive the car around the world.

18 people have thanked this post
natashaob6 Registered User
#14

verycool said:
Were you fired by any chance?!


No as I couln'd afford to get fired and despite there not been many jobs around at the time I counted myself very lucky to have found work.

natashaob6 Registered User
#15

Sky King said:
I worked for a global courier. On a typical day I had to put the message in the box, put the box into a car and then, (depending on how busy we were) I often had to drive the car around the world.


That job would have drove me crazy. Pardon the pun.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!