CiDeRmAn Category Moderator

Apparently I now own a clatter of OG Xbox light guns.
Which is nice...

What light gun games are worth having on the system?
I have the Silent Scope collection and I think there's a copy of House of the Dead III in there as well.

Anything else worth getting for the machine?

o1s1n Registered User

Did you get the Silent Scope lightgun? That's a bit of craic.

Worth noting that you've to put the brightness quite high on your TV to get it to register shots.

Yeah, just assembled it... the rubber on the end of the stock has gone a bit tacky... I mean, who hasn't been there, amIright?

But the €30 haul consists of a pair of wireless OG Xbox guns, a wireless OG Xbox/PS/2 gun, the aforementioned and official Silent Scope rifle, a replica machine gun for the Xbox/PS2, the Gamester Halo controller for the Xbox with a spring bolloxed in one trigger and, lastly, a Thrustmaster OG Xbox flight stick.

1 person has thanked this post
super_furry Registered User

Starsky & Hutch had a light-gun section. Wasn't great though.

Shapey Fiend Registered User

The selection seems rather meagre compared to the PS2.

o1s1n Registered User

I didn't know the xbox lightguns were wireless, that's pretty cool. Wonder is there any lag?

I don't think any console will ever beat the PS2 for lightgun games. It has by far the best lineup.

That Silent Scope Rifle does not want to calibrate, tried multiple brightness settings... bugger...

o1s1n Registered User

CiDeRmAn said:
That Silent Scope Rifle does not want to calibrate, tried multiple brightness settings... bugger...

Yeah that's the exact issue I had.

Had to put the contrast up full and brightness up to a point where the colours were really washed out.

o1s1n said:
Yeah that's the exact issue I had.

Had to put the contrast up full and brightness up to a point where the colours were really washed out.

Kinda spoils the effect!

I might just get the 2nd and 3rd one for the PS2, at least I know they will work with the G-Con 2 on my TV.

I stand corrected, apparently Silent Scope 3 on the PS2 doesn't support any gun controllers at all I mean, why?

o1s1n Registered User

CiDeRmAn said:
Kinda spoils the effect!

I might just get the 2nd and 3rd one for the PS2, at least I know they will work with the G-Con 2 on my TV.

I stand corrected, apparently Silent Scope 3 on the PS2 doesn't support any gun controllers at all I mean, why?

I think the light rife was actually released on the PS2 too?

Be interesting playing them with a gcon. Would feel more like Time Crisis 'Accuracy Edition' rather than Silent Scope.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!