megaten Registered User

I owned a Caanoo from the same company but I always liked the look of the GP2X Linux handheld. Wouldn't be worth getting one now
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GP2X

I also always wanted a Pandora but missed the boat on them and the successor device is more expensive and looks more geared towards linux enthusiasts as opposed to gaming.

geotrig Registered User

cavemeister said:
I always wanted a Neo Geo when I was younger but they were about 5 times the price of a regular 16 bit console and games were 70 pounds at the time which was crazy money.

Thank god for emulators today

70 pounds ! I don't think you have that right multiply that a few times and it makes sense ! snes games seemed where about 60 quid back then.

had to wait till early 2000's to get a ng

geotrig Registered User

o1s1n said:

I've never used a Snes Super Scope. Never even seen one in person. I've heard they're a pile of crap but they still hold this weird mystical thing to me where my only real connection to them is seeing the ad on TV when I was a kid.

I never owned one but when i bought my snes i had placed m despoit on the super scope snes version but changed it to the sf2 version when i saw that was being released. My parents paid it off as i couldnt afford to pay the rest that was owed. so never bought a superscope then afterwards

CiDeRmAn Category Moderator

I missed one on Adverts recently for €30, very annoyed with myself!

super_furry Registered User

megaten said:
I owned a Caanoo from the same company but I always liked the look of the GP2X Linux handheld. Wouldn't be worth getting one now
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GP2X

I also always wanted a Pandora but missed the boat on them and the successor device is more expensive and looks more geared towards linux enthusiasts as opposed to gaming.

Have a GP32 and a GP2X somewhere in a box still. They never quite lived up to the promise and the emulation - SNES in particular - was always about making sacrifices to get the games to be playable.

I remember around the same time I got the GP32 really wanting a Tapwave Zodiac but not being able to afford it.

4 people have thanked this post

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!