o1s1n Registered User

Thought this might be an interesting one. So folks here have owned an absolute **** tonne of gaming stuff over the years, but is there anything standout/common/popular you've never owned or maybe never even played?

I've never used a Snes Super Scope. Never even seen one in person. I've heard they're a pile of crap but they still hold this weird mystical thing to me where my only real connection to them is seeing the ad on TV when I was a kid.

I've also never owned a Master System. Had a Power Base Converter on release and also have a Master System Converter II, but never the actual console!

Los Lobos Registered User

I've never seen a Spectrum 48k computer in the flesh!!

1 person has thanked this post
van_beano Registered User

Never got a Power Glove (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_Glove) for the NES like they had in The Wizard - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wizard_(1989_film)

Smyths didn't have them in stock at the time down the West

Inviere Registered User

I think at one stage or another I've owned pretty much everything I'd wanted, with the exception of an N64DD The obvious Neo Geo AES goes without saying.

Thibus Registered User

I have had most of them
Never played a Neo Geo.
Played the Atari Jaguar, always wanted one but never had it
Oh or 3do, again played it but was a non runner to buy

Steve X2 Moderator

Never had or played the Jaguar CD module. I'm sure there must be other things, but that's all I can think of for now.

I really have to get one of those things

CiDeRmAn Category Moderator

There's a blood sugar monitor for the DS that looks cool!

https://www.diabetes.co.uk/promotions/bayer-didget.html

DaveyDave Registered User

I've never had a 32X or Sega CD. I know they weren't a success and aren't too common either. I kinda want a Sega CD though but at the same time I'm not really arsed.

Gamer Bhoy 89 Registered User

Consoles I never owned at all;
Nintendo Game Boy/GB Colour
Game Boy Advance
Nintendo DS
NES
Super Nintendo
N64
Wii-U
Master System
SEGA 32X*
SEGA Mega CD*
SEGA Nomad**
SEGA Saturn**
SEGA Dreamcast**
Atari 5200
Atari 7800
Atari Jaguar
Philips CD-i
3DO
Neo-Geo
TurboGrafx-16**

*= borderline peripheral as they were really just an expansion of the MD
**= would love to get one

Peripherals I never owned;

Multitap for PS1/PS2
HDD for PS2

Consoles I missed out on as a child, but eventually bought myself as an adult;
Xbox
GameCube
Wii
Super Famicom (Japanese SNES)

I also had an Atari 2600 but I didn't like it that much (I was born in 89, forgive me)

Oh, and to give some info on the Super Scope to the O.P.
I have one - I got it bundled with my SFamicom and it is such an eyesore, I had to store it in the cupboard. No intention of using it - no intention of looking at it. Takes about 6 AA batteries. Don't get it. It's horrible

3 people have thanked this post

I'll take the Super Scope off your hands, give it a good home!

The Last Bandit Registered User

Have had most of what I wanted at some stage, including the Jag CD - awful pos.

Actually wouldn't mind a Pippin or a X68000

1 person has thanked this post
Stoner Moderator

o1s1n
I've never used a Snes Super Scope. Never even seen one in person. I've heard they're a pile of crap but they still hold this weird mystical thing to me where my only real connection to them is seeing the ad on TV when I was a kid.

They are not great imo.

Have one boxed somewhere, gave it a go about 12 years ago was disappointed with it.

Never meet your hero's

o1s1n
I've also never owned a Master System. Had a Power Base Converter on release and also have a Master System Converter II, but never the actual console!

I've a few, maybe three if you really want one, duck hunt was a great shooting game, first one with a bit of sport that I had.

Los Lobos
I've never seen a Spectrum 48k computer in the flesh!!

Again I've spares if it ticks a box for you.

Poxy unit. The 48K+ on the other hand is deadly, no spares atm.

I went nuts trying to get a boxed Atari jaguar a few years ago, I kept missing out, have an unboxed one. I know a guy with a Savage jaguar collection, gave me the CD unit and converter back in the 1990's it was great fun

I'd like a boxed one just to look at, again i think if I play it I'll kill the nostalgia

I have had a Speccy 48k and a lousy Specstrad 2+, but I'd love a 48+ or 128+ in my collection.
As Nintendo goes there's an early breakout clone they made that I'd love to have.
A 5200 might be nice, but I really need to get a Nuon back into my life!
I have never owned an AES but I think a consolised MVS would be a better buy for me.

eddhorse Registered User

I see something nice someone else gets on the forum and then i must have it

SO i blame all of you, looking at MSXs now and the thousand different models.

I've never had a Commodore 64 and I'd quite like a breadbin version.

I'd quite like the Amstrad Spectrum +2 and +3 to go with my proper Speccys too.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!