Mint Sauce Registered User

So free tickets became available this morning for the Popes visit to Knock and The Phoenix Park, with Knock already filling its allocation, he must really say a great Mass.

I'm going, didn't get Knock, but did get Phoenix Park. I'm not an overlly religious person, I pick and choose want I want to believe from the bible, I believe that this life we have is not the end. I dont go to Mass every week, I am the Christmas, Weddings, and Funerals kinda person, might only recieve once a year. I have my morals, and know what is right and wrong.

I have issue with some of the stuff has done in the past, the abuse and treatment of our children, the cover ups, even my home parishs invitation to Youth Defence, which nearly wanted to make me leave the Church mid Mass, but was sitting with my Gran, so would have not looked right, and me making up a lie to her.

But this even interests me, not sure if it is the event junkie, and to say that I was there, or as as the leader of my faith, and to say I was there, more leaning towards that one. I seen Pope John Paul on his English visit back in the early 80s, only remember him waving from his balcony, hopefully as an adult, even with my religious laspes, I hope to appreciate this visit more.

I would like to think those who attend, do repect that its a religious event, and dont protest. If you want to do that, which I do also respect your reasons and want, hopefully thats done during a none religious part of his trip.

16 people have thanked this post
Makikomi Registered User

LOL

(That' a 'NO' btw)

106 people have thanked this post
kuntboy Registered User

Makikomi said:
LOL

(That' a 'NO' btw)

How disrespectful to those of the Catholic faith. Would you be so to those of other certain faiths, I wonder. You wouldn't dare. How cowardly.

Mods please ban this bigot.

17 people have thanked this post
whisky_galore Registered User

Nope, not even if it was on across the road from me.

Not necessarily for 'atheist' reasons, just seems like a lot of waiting and queuing for my liking.

14 people have thanked this post
ohnonotgmail Registered User

Mint Sauce said:
So free tickets became available this morning for the Popes visit to Knock and The Phoenix Park, with Knock already filling its allocation, he must really say a great Mass.

"Free" with a suggestion to make a donation to cover "expenses".

17 people have thanked this post
Fighting Tao Registered User

Oh my he Irish event junkies do love a big event regardless of what it is. FOMO!

5starpool CL0SED Account, honest.

I just hope there are no traffic restrictions anywhere I need to be that might affect me because of this. That's as close as I'll get to attending or watching any of these things.

1 person has thanked this post
ohnonotgmail Registered User

whisky_galore said:
Nope, not even if it was on across the road from me.

As Bill Shankly once said about Everton FC "If they were playing in my front garden i would close the curtains"

19 people have thanked this post
Makikomi Registered User

kuntboy said:
How disrespectful to those of the Catholic faith. Would you be so to those of other certain faiths, I wonder. You wouldn't dare. How cowardly.

Mods please ban this bigot.

LOL

(That means 'I don't give a sh*t for you or anyone's religious faith/s)

98 people have thanked this post

If he was in my front garden I'd move house.

33 people have thanked this post
Cupcake_Crisis Registered User

If it was in my back garden I’d close the blinds. Think it’s a disgusting waste of money.

29 people have thanked this post

I'll be going. Looking forward to it. Also looking forward to the trendy atheists whinging incessantly about how much they don't care

29 people have thanked this post
hawkelady Registered User

No , I don’t subscribe to some old man wearing a table cloth who’s company hands around a basket for the unwashed to put money in ! Twice.
It’ll be interesting to see how many turn up to this farce

6 people have thanked this post

I already seen him back in 78

verycool Registered User

Mikenesson said:
I already seen him back in 78

I wouldn't bother going again, I heard it's all the same material. Only playing the hits from the first two albums.

He might drop "The Tombs in Tuam" and "It's just my finger child". Heard they don't get a great response from the crowd.

38 people have thanked this post

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!