Oafley Jones Registered User

Youtube Premium has just launched today in Ireland. What is Youtube Premium? Well, it's they're paid version of YT that gets rid of those ads that have gotten completely out of control, their premium content (it ain't Netflix yet) as well as adding in Googles Music streaming service on top of it. Just sign up (and cancel) for three free months.

3 people have thanked this post
franklyon Registered User

get ad blocker. No need for premium.

30 people have thanked this post
Mantis Toboggan Registered User

franklyon said:

Do you need to root the phone to get ad blocker?

tinodz Registered User

It will probably be a ood service at some point, but does not seem worth it just yet

Formerly known as YouTube Red, YouTube Premium includes features across YouTube and the new YouTube Music app as well as access to all YouTube Originals series and movies.

YouTube
• Ad-free videos: Watch millions of videos without ads
• Download videos to watch offline: Save videos and playlists on mobile devices and play them offline
• Play in the background: Keep videos playing when using other apps or when your screen is off

YouTube Music
• Easily explore the world of music with the new and improved YouTube Music app
• Ad-free music: Listen to millions of songs without ads
• Download music to listen offline: Save music and playlists in the YouTube Music app and listen offline
• Play in the background: Keep music playing when using other apps or when your screen is off

YouTube Originals
• Original movies and series from your favorite stars

YouTube Kids
• Ad-free and offline play in the YouTube Kids app

YouTube Gaming
• Ad-free, offline, and background play in the YouTube Gaming app

1 person has thanked this post
Mr.S Moderator

franklyon said:

Won't work on iOS through the YT app though.

Sir Dosser Registered User

YouTube vanced ftw.

11 people have thanked this post
KilOit Registered User

Have ad blockers on phone and pc, also my phones youtube app has an extension that allows it to play when Youtube is on in the background or screen locked so why do i need this? looking to spend my phone credit just looking for valid reasons for this

1 person has thanked this post
GarIT Registered User

KilOit said:
Have ad blockers on phone and pc, also my phones youtube app has an extension that allows it to play when Youtube is on in the background or screen locked so why do i need this? looking to spend my phone credit just looking for valid reasons for this

It includes something similar to Spotify, and if you watch any youtube videos the person who posted them gets some money, not sure how much.

Jurgen Klopp Registered User

Another way around ads is download Firefox and install adblocker and watch via their site

Handy if you aren't techy to root the phone

I assume works for iOS

Wheety Registered User

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/technology/youtube-launches-new-streaming-music-service-in-ireland-1.3534902

https://www.theverge.com/2018/6/18/17475122/youtube-music-premium-launch-us-canada-uk

https://youtube.googleblog.com/2018/05/introducing-youtube-premium.html

The new YouTube Premium includes:
The new YouTube Music: ad-free, with background listening and downloads
More, bigger original series and movies
Ad-free, background play, and downloads across YouTube
It’s all coming soon to even more countries.

YouTube Music
The new YouTube Music is a music streaming service that combines music listening with the magic of YouTube: making the world of music easier to explore and more personalized than ever. YouTube Music includes a reimagined mobile app and brand new desktop player that are designed for music.
YouTube Premium unlocks the full YouTube Music experience: ad-free music, background listening, and downloads.

YouTube Originals
With YouTube Premium, you’ll get access to the full slate of YouTube Originals, including recent hits like the Karate Kid-inspired series, Cobra Kai, the dance drama, Step Up: High Water, and upcoming series like the sci-fi thriller, Impulse, and Liza Koshy's Liza on Demand.
More new Originals from around the globe are on the way—featuring comedies, dramas, reality series and action adventure shows from the U.K., Germany, France, Mexico, and more.
Ad-free, background play, and downloads across YouTube
YouTube Premium will continue to provide an ad-free experience, background play, and downloads across the millions of videos on YouTube, which simultaneously supports our incredible creators and artists.

€11.99 for YouTube Premium
€9.99 for YouTube Music Premium

Free for first 3 months.

Wheety Registered User

Didn't see there was already a thread, apologies.

Cavey Registered User

Sir Dosser said:
YouTube vanced ftw.

This guy knows whats up

2 people have thanked this post
Etnies Registered User

OR use a certain Spotify APK

adox Registered User

Wheety said:

€11.99 for YouTube Premium
€9.99 for YouTube Music Premium

Free for first 3 months.

Showing as €15.99 a month for me(which is mad)

Patww79 Registered User

This post has been deleted.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!