Samsgirl Registered User

New clerical officer competition is open. Best of luck to everyone.

4 people have thanked this post
Ygritte Registered User

What does DPER mean on the employing authority?

Moving2017 Registered User

Ygritte said:
What does DPER mean on the employing authority?

The Department of Public Expenditure and Reform.

1 person has thanked this post
Ygritte Registered User

So does that mean it's just that department or is it the whole civil service?

Conqueror Registered User

DPER are in charge of recruitment to the civil service, but the competition is for roles across the civil service.

2 people have thanked this post
natc Registered User

Best of luck to everyone! I got in on the 2016 panel and I love what I’m doing now, have never looked back. Hoping many of you have the same outcome!

11 people have thanked this post
HugoMyBoss Registered User

natc said:
Best of luck to everyone! I got in on the 2016 panel and I love what I’m doing now, have never looked back. Hoping many of you have the same outcome!

I got in last year 2017, dont think much of it, momey is crap, no benefits, even have to bring in your own mug, teabag, sugar and milk for a brew.

PinkLady2016 Registered User

I just applied for it now. Although I did apply in 2016 never got an interview so hoping for a better return this time.

Jade182 Registered User

This is excluding County Dublin. Does anyone know will there be one for Dublin issued separately?

Syndic Registered User

Jade182 said:
This is excluding County Dublin. Does anyone know will there be one for Dublin issued separately?

It states in the information booklet that a competition for Dublin may open early 2019.

2 people have thanked this post
natc Registered User

HugoMyBoss said:
I got in last year 2017, dont think much of it, momey is crap, no benefits, even have to bring in your own mug, teabag, sugar and milk for a brew.

To be fair a lot of jobs don’t supply tea etc to staff. Don’t know why you would assume otherwise.

Money may not be great but realistically for the work you do it’s adequate. Plenty of room for promotion and training in different areas if you want.

I went in to it mainly for the working hours. Flexi time, Monday to Friday is exactly what I wanted with a young family. It’s not always about money.

18 people have thanked this post
HugoMyBoss Registered User

natc said:
To be fair a lot of jobs don’t supply tea etc to staff. Don’t know why you would assume otherwise.

Money may not be great but realistically for the work you do it’s adequate. Plenty of room for promotion and training in different areas if you want.

I went in to it mainly for the working hours. Flexi time, Monday to Friday is exactly what I wanted with a young family. It’s not always about money.

What areas are these?

I always assumed that work provided tea & coffee etc., all previous jobs did.

natc Registered User

HugoMyBoss said:
What areas are these?

I always assumed that work provided tea & coffee etc., all previous jobs did.

Maybe it’s dependent on the department your assigned to but with my local division if you want you can be trained in all the different sections. They offer training courses in various fields, Microsoft packages, customer service, people management, strategic policy making to mention but a few. They will also cover tuition fees for 3rd level courses up front.

1 person has thanked this post
Crunchymomma Registered User

HugoMyBoss said:

I'm fairness there's good opportunity for promotion also. I came in off 2016 panel and am already an EO. The new campaign for that should open toward the end of this year

3 people have thanked this post

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!