Maz2016 Registered User

I’m wondering do bus Eireann have plans to role out the leap card on expressway services? I see more and more ticket machines replaced with the leap card ones but the drivers say they don’t accept leap. I get the Tralee bus every day from a village to the town and it would be great not to carry cash

The machines have the facility to accept leap cards but the issue is because expressway is a commercial brand unlike bus Eireann itself, it's not paid to accept leap card.

The facility is there, the structure , zones etc all there but it cannot be accepted because the NTA are not paying Expressway for any leap transactions.

It's a regular thing I sometimes have to argue with people over , the likes of going from Dublin to Donegal and people want to use the zone ticket to get to Virginia or Cavan

Or going from Dublin to ballina/Sligo and people wanting to go to Mullingar with an orange zone ticket, they cannot be accepted

Victor Registered User

Maz2016 said:
I get the Tralee bus every day from a village to the town and it would be great not to carry cash
Can you get 10-journey or monthly tickets?

Maz2016 Registered User

Victor said:
Can you get 10-journey or monthly tickets?

I must look into the monthly. The odd day I’d get a lift home so I stopped buying the weekly/10 trip ticket

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!