Pyro Boy Registered User

Promo code : RENEWAL-EXP-19.99

https://www.bitdefender.com/solutions/total-security.html

Just tried the code and it worked for me, might be useful for some people.

Lets you protect 5 devices.

15 people have thanked this post
LandonRicketts Registered User

Cheers added another year on top of my existing sub.

cronos Registered User

Any better than just using a free anti virus like AVG?

bennyx_o Registered User

Cheers OP - Mine was close to renewal, just renewed & waiting for the email

cronos said:
Any better than just using a free anti virus like AVG?

I've had it for the last 12 months and find it good

kranbo Registered User

bennyx_o said:
Cheers OP - Mine was close to renewal, just renewed & waiting for the email

I've had it for the last 12 months and find it good

Another year banked - good offer - thanks OP

alanowx Registered User

Thank you, very timely for me as current Bitdefender subscription is up in about 1 month. Cheers OP great value at 15.55e.

Forgot to add, does anybody know if you Activate the newly purchased code early in your Bitdefender account will you lose your remaining days in your current subscription. I know with Norton you won't and not penalized for renewing early.

Xzen Registered User

Nice find. They seems to have overtaken Eset for protection in the last while. There's a handy independent AV comparison chart here (compares all the major players in performance, security, etc) : http://chart.av-comparatives.org/chart1.php

bennyx_o Registered User

alanowx said:
Forgot to add, does anybody know if you Activate the newly purchased code early in your Bitdefender account will you lose your remaining days in your current subscription. I know with Norton you won't and not penalized for renewing early.

Nope, the subscription stacks so you don't lost any remaining days

1 person has thanked this post
cronos Registered User

Anyone tried this after signing up for the first time. So not as a renewal?

yellowbear Registered User

cronos said:
Anyone tried this after signing up for the first time. So not as a renewal?

Yeah I did it earlier. It worked for a new subscription.

cronos Registered User

yellowbear said:

But you went through the renewal screens anyway right. I got it to work that way. But did not work the normal payment way.

jcrowbar Registered User

yellowbear said:

How long did it take to get the activation email?

alanowx Registered User

jcrowbar said:
How long did it take to get the activation email?

Whether your a subscriber or not 2 emails from Bitdefender/ Avangate will arrive within a couple of minutes of completing the transaction. I always choose the PayPal option to pay. One was an invoice and the other was the subscription confirmation with the activation code to activate. For non-existing subscribers there is also a link in the confirmation email where one can sign up for Bitdefender.

sweetie Registered User

recommended for android?

alanowx Registered User

sweetie said:
recommended for android?

Definitely.

In fact that's what I mostly use it for. For my main laptop I have a combination of Norton and Malwarebytes. I have Bitdefender on two android phones, one Tablet and a friends laptop. One phone is used for calls/data and the second is kept mostly as a backup so that I can remotely wipe the first if necessary and contains my 2FA (Two Factor Authentication) app for access to sensitive sites.

One has to protect ones phone these days just as much as your home computer but most people fail to see the risks if your phone falls into the wrong hands. It could be the weak link in your online security.

Your phone today gives immediate access to your email address, usually without the need to even log in, which is often used as recovery to reset ones login details for numerous accounts. Gaining access to that gives fraudsters the potential to lock you out of your own accounts.

It's worth spending the 15e just to gain access to Bitdefenders Anti-Theft features alone. You can remotely wipe your android device from your online account, remotely locate or lock, send message to it or let it scream. It can even take snap photos of the person after x number of failed login attempts, without them knowing, which you can then view in your account. You can also setup a trusted number, obviously different to the one in your main phone, which will receive a text message after a sim has been changed advising the new number.

So go for it.

2 people have thanked this post

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!