TheDriver Moderator

Its a great thing to have and the exchange rate is spot on. Definitely a no brainer.

OmegaGene Registered User

The free card is a only on a referral basis and a way of entering a competition for the World Cup and referrals are not allowed here so no free card
It’s only €6 anyway and that’s easily made back using the live exchange rates

ShooterSF Registered User

dulpit said:
Can someone explain to me what the benefit of one of these cards/services is?

To add to what eclipse said I also put most auto renew services on mine and don't keep much on it which usually results in a notification of a failed payment which often gives me the chance to cancel the subscription if I find I'm not really using it...

1 person has thanked this post
tatranska Registered User

Stupify said:
I prefer N26, they have a free card too at the moment and it's contactless too. All around a better product than revolut plus don't need to worry about them being based in London.

Why do you think it's better?

2 people have thanked this post
Farango Registered User

Stupify said:
I prefer N26, they have a free card too at the moment and it's contactless too. All around a better product than revolut plus don't need to worry about them being based in London.

there is absolutely nothing better with N26! Im using N26 from day 1, and almost same with Revolut...

Revolut is has better system and mobile app
It is more secure
There is no issues with transactions
More futures, like cryptos, valuts etc, more currencies
Much faster with adding new futures
Fast top up with card, N26 is so slow as you need to make bank transfer
Much easier to register, N26 complicate now for all non EU folks
Virtual cards
Disposal virtual cards, after payment virtual card is canceled

Unfortunately N26 is far behind, I had high hopes for them, but they just got stuck where they started.

The Ayatolla Registered User

Have Irish companies started to accept N26 IBANs for direct debits? One of the main reasons I left them back in the day.

Chimichangas Registered User

Farango said:
there is absolutely nothing better with N26! Im using N26 from day 1, and almost same with Revolut...

Revolut is has better system and mobile app
It is more secure
There is no issues with transactions
More futures, like cryptos, valuts etc, more currencies
Much faster with adding new futures
Fast top up with card, N26 is so slow as you need to make bank transfer
Much easier to register, N26 complicate now for all non EU folks
Virtual cards
Disposal virtual cards, after payment virtual card is canceled

Unfortunately N26 is far behind, I had high hopes for them, but they just got stuck where they started.

I like them both, but i feel more secure with n26, & has a better customer service. Slightly better fx rate with revolut, and immediate top-up.

But for security i prefer n26, and the ability to talk to someone there. Revolut didnt want to know when i was being charged a second time by a foreign business for a transaction that already had been processed and paid previously. Said it was my problem and up to me to get it resolved. It didnt impress me much.

OmegaGene Registered User

This isn’t a bargain alert and needs closing

Tusky Registered User

Stupify said:
Tusky said:
I'm trying to pay

What if the person I'm transferring to signed up to Revolut with their bank card. Can I send them and then they transfer from Revolut to their non-EU bank account for free?

Yes you can do this, what country are you trying to transfer to?

Argentina.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!