glanman Registered User

Got an email today with free card available again. Excellent for send and receiving cash along with cheaper FX when abroad.

MOD EDIT: NO REFERRAL LINKS PERMITTED

kellsred Registered User

glanman said:
Got an email today with free card available again. Excellent for send and receiving cash along with cheaper FX when abroad.

]

Referral links are usually not allowed

Tusky Registered User

Does anyone know if you can you transfer from your Revolut account to a foreign bank account for free?

Stupify Registered User

I prefer N26, they have a free card too at the moment and it's contactless too. All around a better product than revolut plus don't need to worry about them being based in London.

1 person has thanked this post
Stupify Registered User

Tusky said:
Does anyone know if you can you transfer from your Revolut account to a foreign bank account for free?

You'll always pay some fee for transferring to a bank outside the EU I think.

Tusky Registered User

Stupify said:
Tusky said:

I'm trying to pay
Stupify said:
Tusky said:

What if the person I'm transferring to signed up to Revolut with their bank card. Can I send them and then they transfer from Revolut to their non-EU bank account for free?

dulpit Registered User

Can someone explain to me what the benefit of one of these cards/services is?

1 person has thanked this post
eclipsechaser Registered User

dulpit said:
Can someone explain to me what the benefit of one of these cards/services is?

The main benefit is that if you pay for something in a foreign currency, you get the inter-bank rate rather than MasterCard or Visa charging a hefty %. You can also take (limited) money out at an ATM abroad for free. That saves you ordering money from a bank and paying commission and a crap rate. Finally, you can purchase money in various currencies in advance all at the inter-bank rate. That allows you lock in a rate in advance if you need.

I got married abroad and paid for everything with my Revolut card. It literally saved me hundreds of € in commission fees. That's probably an extreme example but if you shop on amazon.co.uk in any way frequently, you'll save a couple of € per transaction. If you're a regular traveller, it's a no-brainer.

3 people have thanked this post
Chorus_suck Banned

This post has been deleted.

cronos Registered User

Is it possible to put cash on these rather than bank transfer. Could be handy in a rush to the airport scenario.

Bummer1234 Registered User

cronos said:
Is it possible to put cash on these rather than bank transfer. Could be handy in a rush to the airport scenario.

You can top it up yes from other debit cards. There is a transfers or top up option.

cronos Registered User

Bummer1234 said:
You can top it up yes from other debit cards. There is a transfers or top up option.

But not from cash. It's not like buying a top up for a phone for example.

bren2001 Registered User

How do I get a free card?

Stupify Registered User

Tusky said:
I'm trying to pay

What if the person I'm transferring to signed up to Revolut with their bank card. Can I send them and then they transfer from Revolut to their non-EU bank account for free?

Yes you can do this, what country are you trying to transfer to?

Stupify Registered User

cronos said:
But not from cash. It's not like buying a top up for a phone for example.

No, can't top up using cash.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!