stryker mcqueen Registered User

bri007
Anyone help me out, just wondering how are people doing the 2 bank refusals, I read people are doing it online but which banks online, we went to a bank last week but they said we have to make a full application before they issue us with a letter of what we would be approved or refused for?

bri007
Thanks in advance

AIB was the easiest I found , approval in principal letter provided without having to speak to someone ha

1 person has thanked this post
bri007 Registered User

Did you just do the application online and then send in salary certs, pay slips etc?

stryker mcqueen said:
AIB was the easiest I found , approval in principal letter provided without having to speak to someone ha

bri007 said:
Did you just do the application online and then send in salary certs, pay slips etc?

Just did the application , and letter was provided straight away to download , I never sent them a thing

Lee3b Registered User

They told me it would be that easy if i was a member with them it still only tool a week where as I was a with boi and had my letter within the day .. Do u mind me asking mine is gone off to be assessed but I'm afraid the letters are too vague

Lee3b said:
They told me it would be that easy if i was a member with them it still only tool a week where as I was a with boi and had my letter within the day .. Do u mind me asking mine is gone off to be assessed but I'm afraid the letters are too vague

https://aib.ie/our-products/mortgages

Use this link, answer a few questions, you'll get AIP and you can print the letter

bri007 Registered User

Quick question, do you have to go into the revenue office to get the form HPL1 form stamped by the revenue commissioner or can I post it in and they send it back to me?

Lee3b Registered User

No you send it to them and they post it back to you very quick service

Lee3b Registered User

Hey can anyone tell me what percentage of overtime the loan takes into consideration hoping it will bump us up a bit and how much they take out for each child as I have two

bri007 Registered User

Thanks Lee3b, so i fill out the top half myself , name address and pps details and then they fill in the rest and post back?

Lee3b said:
No you send it to them and they post it back to you very quick service

Lee3b Registered User

Yes that is exactly it they will stamp and sign it and send it straight back

Cocobean1 Registered User

bri007 said:
Thanks Lee3b, so i fill out the top half myself , name address and pps details and then they fill in the rest and post back?

You can send it as an attachment through "my enquiries" on the online service, comes back very quick.

Colemania Registered User

I will be applying for a mortgage under this scheme as the sole applicant, as my wife has gone self employed and her previous PAYE income won't be taken into account. I assume I can still use our joint account bank statements as proof of funds even though she puts funds into the account from her savings in Australia now and again.

Also, I was going to apply to Fingal Co Co but realistically we are looking towards Swords or the Greater Dublin area which would be outside their jurisdiction. What is the protocol here? Can I not look for houses in 2 different areas if applying to a particular council?

surrender monkey Registered User

Generally a married couple are required to purchase a family home jointly so not sure your plan will work.

Colemania Registered User

surrender monkey said:
Generally a married couple are required to purchase a family home jointly so not sure your plan will work.

Well I explained the situation to Fingal Co Co and they said my wife's income couldn't be taken into account but that I could apply as the sole applicant. There's an option to apply for a 1 income joint application

surrender monkey Registered User

Strange, banks usually require a married couple purchasing a family home to both be on title. In any event you can do a voluntary transfer when you complete the sale. Ask your solicitor about doing this. Then you will both be registered owners!

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!