Inviere Registered User

New Cemu version released, 1.13.2 (for Patreons, free version in a few days). Seems to have given a significant performance increase

1 person has thanked this post
Doge Registered User

Inviere said:
RetroArch coming with full glsl shader supoprt...that's going to be pretty special, & will make the Switch possibly the best portable emulation machine available.

You spoke too soon!

https://www.smachz.com

I just found this device advertised on Facebook. Have yet to investigate if it's real or is a scam. Impressive power for its size of it turns out to be true though.

Doge Registered User

Looks like it's not a scam site after all and had a successful Kickstarter. However a lot of people are saying it has the same fate of the Vega by calling it Scam Z!

Will be interesting to see if it gets released.

Doge Registered User

Inviere said:
New Cemu version released, 1.13.2 (for Patreons, free version in a few days). Seems to have given a significant performance increase

That's not your channel I presume?.when I heard the Irish accent and since you're the biggest emulation enthusiast on here it got me thinking! Hmmmm

megaten Registered User

I wouldn't hold out much hope for the Smach Z. It's probably been around 5 years or more since they announced the connect and still don't have a functional prototype. Its a shame we don't see more niche handhelds since I really like them. I think my favourite is still the GP2X Caanoo I had years ago despite the ridiculous design decisions it had like having an analog stick instead of a dpad.

CathalDublin Registered User

megaten said:
I wouldn't hold out much hope for the Smach Z. It's probably been around 5 years or more since they announced the connect and still don't have a functional prototype. Its a shame we don't see more niche handhelds since I really like them. I think my favourite is still the GP2X Caanoo I had years ago despite the ridiculous design decisions it had like having an analog stick instead of a dpad.

I'd the GP2x Wiz, was awful, I sold it and got another PSP phat

Inviere Registered User

Doge said:
That's not your channel I presume?.when I heard the Irish accent and since you're the biggest emulation enthusiast on here it got me thinking! Hmmmm

Hey Guys, what's up, and welcome back to the ch....no, not mine I'm afraid I find his videos were instrumental in learning how to set up Cemu though.

2 Scoops Registered User

Some of these new snes emulators are amazing, they can remove the slowdown in games without speeding up the framerate. I've only tried UN Squadron, Final fight 3 co-op so far and the slowdown is totally removed and the games play like the exact same as the originals otherwise.

7 people have thanked this post
Inviere Registered User

Had a blast of the new Switch Virtual Console release of RetroArch for the Switch. Wow, an absolute game changer for the Switch in terms of homebrew. The shaders look really nice too (they look way better in person, my phone camera didn't do a great job of capturing the image properly)! Very simple setup & useage, I'm truly impressed with it!

7 people have thanked this post
The Last Bandit Registered User

It really is a brilliant handheld for emulation alright, not messed about too much with the shaders yet still just figuring out what works and what doesn't - Playstation emulation is still a work in progress though, even with the workarounds I'm not really happy with it.

An Arcbrowser type of frontend would be a brilliant addition in time too, as good as retroarch is, the UI is a bit meh for jut picking up a game and playing.

o1s1n Registered User

Is it particularly difficult to get homebrew running on a Switch? Amazed to see software of that quality running on it already.

The Last Bandit Registered User

o1s1n said:
Is it particularly difficult to get homebrew running on a Switch? Amazed to see software of that quality running on it already.

Nope, super simple - even has its own app store to download from. Now, its rather easy to get your console banned so if online play is a must from you then extra care must be taken - or buy another console.

I've complete disconnected my console from my Nintendo account so if its get banned no big deal, I'll can always get another and relink to my account if needed.

2 people have thanked this post
megaten Registered User

Looks interesting, I thought people were looking at a dual boot solution for switch though were you could run homebrew without afffecting your official OS tied to your accounts.

Inviere Registered User

The Last Bandit said:
An Arcbrowser type of frontend would be a brilliant addition in time too, as good as retroarch is, the UI is a bit meh for jut picking up a game and playing.

I'm quite comfortable with the RetroArch UI at this stage, having spent the summer practically living inside it. That said, it could do with some tweaks to simplify/streamline certain things. They've been listening too!

https://twitter.com/libretro/status/1051522388754599936

o1s1n said:

Very simple. You need either a phone, a pc, or something like this which I ordered (no faffing about with cables etc, just insert it before boot & job done). After that you need a memory card for the Switch with the required files for the cfw of your choice, and you're all set.

megaten said:
Looks interesting, I thought people were looking at a dual boot solution for switch though were you could run homebrew without afffecting your official OS tied to your accounts.

I think TLB's solution is a good one, disconnect your account from the Switch you're exploiting, and leave it offline. I'm not a believer or advocate of modded consoles being online anyway, so for me, it works perfectly - my Switch has never been online, and never will be. If for some reason I want a Switch to go online with, I'll buy another one. Modded consoles online should be banned, but not banned in terms of updating (which I believe Nintendo do, a pure arsehole move that one).

Galway_Drummer Registered User

Any jailbreak to emulate on the ps3 superslim yet does anyone know?

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!