zell12 Registered User

- There are and will always be crooked cops but to have a crooked police force, that’s something else
- that can boast a police force that used an actual laundry to launder money that should have gone to the State.
- where law officers could falsify up to one million breath tests and still keep their chief in her job.
- that had a Minister of Finance with no bank account, who we saw fit to lead us for eleven years (Bertie)
Stolen from Mirror

Given it's been going on for the past century, planning, housing, nepotism, employment, emigration, etc etc
When do we realise that we want this and we endorse this in our country?

6 people have thanked this post
wakka12 Registered User

And what about the covered up paedo rings by british police forces? Im sure every western country has also had tabloids releasing stupid headlines like that about their own country too, we all love a bit of drama

30 people have thanked this post
mikemac2 Registered User

Ahern was finance minister 25 years ago and many of the senior ministers from that era are dead.

Why keep using it as a point?

8 people have thanked this post
cantdecide Registered User

Anyone know how to get some of this sweet sweet corruption money? I have no morals already if that helps. PM me...

34 people have thanked this post
zell12 Registered User

cantdecide said:
Anyone know how to get some of this sweet sweet corruption money? I have no morals already if that helps. PM me...
Run for election next year.

1 person has thanked this post
Franz Von Peppercorn Registered User

wakka12 said:
And what about the covered up paedo rings by british police forces? Im sure every western country has also had tabloids releasing stupid headlines like that about their own country too, we all love a bit of drama

Clearly the U.K. has its own problems but ireland is bad enough.

I don’t actually think the corruption is a century old, it comes from the post war haughey generation.

suicide_circus Registered User

Is the first post missing from this thread?

22 people have thanked this post
NIMAN Registered User

So we are worse than :

The US
Russian
Italy
UK
Uganda
Haiti
Iraq ????????

9 people have thanked this post
Sonics2k Registered User

wakka12 said:

I mean, I'm no fan of what the British Police did over there, but the exact same thing happened here.

4 people have thanked this post

NIMAN said:
So we are worse than :

The US
Russian
Italy
UK
Uganda
Haiti
Iraq ????????

Id add Malta, Greece, Spain to that list

10 people have thanked this post

wakka12 said:

What’s stupid about that story ?

Murray
NIMAN said:
So we are worse than :

The US
Russian
Italy
UK
Uganda
Haiti
Iraq ????????

Id add Malta, Greece, Spain to that list

Out of curiosity how are we worse than Spain ? Equal id say

1 person has thanked this post
Ads by Google Registered User

America is easily the most corrupt with their lobbying and Super PACs.

5 people have thanked this post
SnazzyPig Registered User

Move to Italy, the transparency capital of Western Civilisation.....

16 people have thanked this post
TerrorFirmer Registered User

While this gets thrown around a lot it's pretty baseless. Every country has significant problems but on the whole, Ireland is not considered a corrupt country at all, within Europe, let alone the 'western world'.

17 people have thanked this post

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!