fdevine Registered User

mymemory have a 2 for £22 deal on Anker Powercore 10400mAh powerbanks with free UK delivery.

https://www.mymemory.co.uk/anker-3a-powercore-10400mah-portable-power-bank-with-poweriq.html

Two charging ports & quick charge.

Seem to be around same price for one on amazon.

You will likely need to use AP as I've had issues getting batteries shipped before.

EDIT: Seems they're available on the .ie site as well (2 for €27.50) with free delivery, assuming they'll ship batteries here.

16 people have thanked this post
ED E Registered User

fdevine said:

Two charging ports & quick charge.

Nope.

PowerIQ is not quick charge.

fdevine Registered User

Edited the OP to state "fast" charge as per Anker's own description.

"Fast-Charging Technology - Anker’s exclusive PowerIQ and VoltageBoost technologies combine to ensure the fastest possible charge up to 2.4 amps"

JoeyJJ Registered User

Cheers picked one up on irish page.

the corpo Registered User

Hi,
I'm easily confused by all this power, but would this be good/worthless for keeping a Nintendo Switch charged during a flight?

Duff Registered User

the corpo said:
Hi,
I'm easily confused by all this power, but would this be good/worthless for keeping a Nintendo Switch charged during a flight?

Plenty of juice in it.

2 people have thanked this post
Damo 2k9 Registered User

Cheers OP, absolutely smashing price for these! Have the older model 10,000 mAh and its lasted me about 3-4 years.

unkel Category Moderator

Ordered one for €14.99 incl shipping. Pretty decent deal, thanks OP

the corpo Registered User

I was able to order on the UK site with no issue. No sign of a cancellation email either

1 person has thanked this post
Laphroaig52 Registered User

It seems to be expired now.
But even so, at €17 for just one, it seems a great price compared to Amazon.

The VC5 code will still get you a few more pennies off...

Kuva Registered User

Damo 2k9 said:
Cheers OP, absolutely smashing price for these! Have the older model 10,000 mAh and its lasted me about 3-4 years.

That doesn't seem long? Are you one of these that uses it on the couch rather than plug in?

corcaigh07 Registered User

How many times could you charge a standard smartphone off one of these?

Would I be right to say if you had a phone capable of 2000mah, you could in theory charge it from empty 5 times?

Basil3 Registered User

corcaigh07 said:
How many times could you charge a standard smartphone off one of these?

Would I be right to say if you had a phone capable of 2000mah, you could in theory charge it from empty 5 times?

No, the energy transfer isn't that efficient. I'd say you'd get 3-4 times.

ED E Registered User

Basil3 said:
No, the energy transfer isn't that efficient. I'd say you'd get 3-4 times.

The problem is its measured in a slightly misleading way.

USB is 5v, your phones charge at 5v, but the cell chemistry is 3.7v. So a 10400mAh pack is only 7696mAh maximum. Then transfer that and you're down at about 90% efficiency so you get 6900mAh. So your 10Ah pack is actually 7Ah in numbers that make sense to the end user, or about 3 full charges.

3 people have thanked this post
manonboard Registered User

I couldnt get this deal, so i bought this instead.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00XVTJKCQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

20,000mah €18.99 The reviews seemed great.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!