Srameen Registered User
#3,886

TH, visited a nursing home this morning and it's great to see the genuine and wonderful care they give.

5 people have thanked this post
Graces7 Registered User
#3,887

a warm dwelling.... combination of the turf solid fuel stove and cooking. Bliss...Yawwwnnnnn!

3 people have thanked this post
Kitty6277 Registered User
#3,888

I thought the money I have now, and my grant at the end of the month was all I was getting while I'm here, but I just remembered the Erasmus Grant too, 80% upfront in a few weeks time

5 people have thanked this post
PlaneSpeeking Registered User
#3,889

Kitty6277 said:
I thought the money I have now, and my grant at the end of the month was all I was getting while I'm here, but I just remembered the Erasmus Grant too, 80% upfront in a few weeks time


Beer on you!

1 person has thanked this post
quickbeam Registered User
#3,890

Rubberlegs said:
My constant TH, books. I have the Narnia box set and intend to get round to reading them again sometime, I don't care how old I am!


My favourite books as a kid. Read them again with trepidation as an adult (good while ago, late twenties, I guess), but still found them a lovely read, which was a relief. I hope you enjoy them again when you get around to it!

2 people have thanked this post
PlaneSpeeking Registered User
#3,891

Srameen said:
TH, visited a nursing home this morning and it's great to see the genuine and wonderful care they give.


My dad is in one for the last couple of years and I was bottling it - same time as that Aras Attracta story.

They are angels, and he's difficult!

Bless them!!!

2 people have thanked this post
Srameen Registered User
#3,892

PlaneSpeeking said:
My dad is in one for the last couple of years and I was bottling it - same time as that Aras Attracta story.

They are angels, and he's difficult!

Bless them!!!


They go above and beyond. Great activities too; music, art, bingo, gardening..


TH now at a surprisingly bright and sunny afternoon. Doing the crossword while sitting in the garden.

2 people have thanked this post
bnt Registered User
#3,893

The news that Big Brother is soon to be knocked on the head. The next "civilian" series will be the last, at least in the UK. Good riddance; now, for an encore, could someone please take off and nuke Love Island from orbit? It's the only way to be sure.

6 people have thanked this post
Sephiroth_dude One Winged Angel
#3,894

New leap card came today and I registered it and the balance of 23 euro was transferred to new card *happy*

7 people have thanked this post
MikeyTaylor Registered User
#3,895

bnt said:
The news that Big Brother is soon to be knocked on the head. The next "civilian" series will be the last, at least in the UK. Good riddance; now, for an encore, could someone please take off and nuke Love Island from orbit? It's the only way to be sure.

About time!

New Home Moderator
#3,896

Do you know what makes me happy today? That, for a change, someone I was expecting had the decency to let me know they were going to be late, and asked if it was still ok with me if they called in. MANNERS!!

9 people have thanked this post
Graces7 Registered User
#3,897

bedtime.. warm and snug ... critters all fed and my bedtime drink is hot blackberry cordial... mmmmmmmmm

2 people have thanked this post
Purple Mountain Registered User
#3,898

retro:electro said:
My 39 year old male next door neighbour just knocked in to me to see could I open a jar of sauce as he wasn’t able, and I did it


Was he topless?!!

1 person has thanked this post
ohnonotgmail Registered User
#3,899

retro:electro said:
My 39 year old male next door neighbour just knocked in to me to see could I open a jar of sauce as he wasn’t able, and I did it



he probably loosened it for you.

1 person has thanked this post
misstearheus Registered User
#3,900

Purple Mountain said:
Was he topless?!!


I'm laughing here to myself! How do ya just randomly know your Neighbour's age?!?

2 people have thanked this post

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!