corks finest Registered User
#1,486

OmegaGene said:

This should be added as a sticky to the first post if a moderator could oblige it would be great

Agree

BonnieSituation Registered User
#1,487

Thanks for that.

I've had enough of eir and their excruciating speeds in Dublin City.

OmegaGene Registered User
#1,488

just a heads up for anyone that is currently on vodafone bill pay and want to switch out and back to avail of the data user plan, switch to postmobile online and it only takes a minute to fill out the form and the sim is free and first month is also free for switching and the added bonus of keeping your number

https://postmobile.ie/totalrollover/

gobo99 Registered User
#1,489

I rang a few weeks ago and got a NI agent straight away. Asked for data user plan and was no problems really.
Once ported I used webchat to ask for some free minutes data and texts to tide me over.
From the first call to the plan being activated was 9/10 days for me.
Got the 100 minutes for €5. Don't know what to spend the rest on.

#1,490

gobo99 said:
I rang a few weeks ago and got a NI agent straight away. Asked for data user plan and was no problems really.
Once ported I used webchat to ask for some free minutes data and texts to tide me over.
From the first call to the plan being activated was 9/10 days for me.
Got the 100 minutes for €5. Don't know what to spend the rest on.

For light users the best thing to do is skip a month of topping up and buy a data bundle and if you need it a text bundle
I plan to skip every third month and use this method and that will mean the plan will cost €160 for the year roughly

2 people have thanked this post
#1,491

BonnieSituation said:
Thanks for that.

I've had enough of eir and their excruciating speeds in Dublin City.

Was with that inept shower useless, left over 2 years ago still getting a monthly bill from them xm,albeit a -11 cent one

Quackster Moderator
#1,492

OmegaGene said:
just a heads up for anyone that is currently on vodafone bill pay and want to switch out and back to avail of the data user plan, switch to postmobile online and it only takes a minute to fill out the form and the sim is free and first month is also free for switching and the added bonus of keeping your number

https://postmobile.ie/totalrollover/

Plus the added benefit that Post Mobile SIMs work in devices locked to Vodafone.

blackwave Registered User
#1,493

So I got my additional credit and when I checked the Vodafone app my offer shows up as the student offer with free texts and 15 gb of data and for €20 a month. Has this happened to anyone else before and I am best off going to customer care through the app or ringing customer care on this?

Quackster Moderator
#1,494

blackwave said:
So I got my additional credit and when I checked the Vodafone app my offer shows up as the student offer with free texts and 15 gb of data and for €20 a month. Has this happened to anyone else before and I am best off going to customer care through the app or ringing customer care on this?

The Data User Plan is the Student Offer. You're set up correctly.

1 person has thanked this post
blackwave Registered User
#1,495

Quackster said:
blackwave said:

The Data User Plan is the Student Offer. You're set up correctly.

But the student offer I have been given is different. It is not free calls the one I have been is for free texts to any network and is for €20 and not €15 so I think they have put me on the wrong plan.

#1,496

blackwave said:

Yep that's normal bud

Ten Pin Registered User
#1,497

The offer is 15GB and texts for 20euro top up, keep the top up.

If you still have 20 credit balance then you are on the Data User Plan.

The calls are optional via an add on which is 15 for unlimited or 5 for 100 minutes.

#1,498

This deal isn’t rocket science lads
Top up with €20 and Vodafone give you 15gb of data and unlimited texts to any network
They don’t take the money so you can spend it on whatever you fancy wether it’s call bundles or apps or games
Another option is skip a month topping up and buy a data bundle and any other bundles you want with the spare credit that accumulates

donegal. Registered User
#1,499

I've just changed to this plan today. I've got free min/text and 3gb data untill the plan activates.

I'm not able to tether. Is tethering possible on this plan?

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!