Prisoner 6753 said:
Tried again with Bus Eireann, same as last time, no joy just utter rejection

Think of it as a blessing!

Stephen15 Registered User

Prisoner 6753 said:
Tried again with Bus Eireann, same as last time, no joy just utter rejection

DB meant to be hiring in August

soundman45 Registered User

If interested in bus driving give aircoach a try. The only problem there is its a 24hr operation but some guys there work nights full time to avoid the stress of traffic etc in the city. Money poor for the first 6 months but then rises rapidly even after the 6 months probation you would be on more than go ahead etc. Good clean work too as your customers are heading to/from airport no commuters etc. Top rates there are a match for what bus eireann offer but they are much better to work for in my opinion and I've driven for bus eireann in the past so you should consider it anyway.

Prisoner 6753 Registered User

This post has been deleted.

soundman45 Registered User

Prisoner 6753 said:
It was a lifelong ambition

I'm in Cork doing tours until at least September, then I plan to head back home depending on what is there, DB was one I never applied to.

I'd have thought Aircoach was next to impossible to get into? I'd prefer the nights myself, less traffic on the road, passengers tend to sleep the longer distances, would suit me fine

Aircoach are looking for drivers. Will only take on experienced drivers for the blue coaches and are starting to train drivers for car parks now. Have done nights myself and prefer them too.

Jamie2k9 Registered User

Aircoach drop experienced driver rules but you must stay for 2 years after getting a licence.

https://fora.ie/aircoach-driver-recruitment-4159046-Aug2018/

Yer Da sells Avon Registered User

Jamie2k9 said:
Aircoach drop experienced driver rules but you must stay for 2 years after getting a licence.

https://fora.ie/aircoach-driver-recruitment-4159046-Aug2018/

Probably similar to Go-Ahead Ireland's training indemnity bond, where the company takes a small amount of your weekly wage and if you're still there after two years, you get it back. If you leave before that, they get to keep it.

TallGlass Registered User

Anyone any idea on starting wage? Interested if it's not uneconomical.

Stephen15 Registered User

TallGlass said:
Anyone any idea on starting wage? Interested if it's not uneconomical.

I would imagine they pay the going rate which is somewhere around the 30-35k a year mark. Why don't you give them a ring?

TallGlass Registered User

Stephen15 said:
I would imagine they pay the going rate which is somewhere around the 30-35k a year mark. Why don't you give them a ring?

Popped in an application. Was just wondering, wish they would just show it from the get go, so I know to apply for not.

Don't see me going anywhere only a learner permit that's about the most of it!

TallGlass said:
Popped in an application. Was just wondering, wish they would just show it from the get go, so I know to apply for not.

Don't see me going anywhere only a learner permit that's about the most of it!

Changed recently but I think it's around 17 euro an hour possibly 16 euro an hour

Personally in my eyes not worth it for the hours and jobs but there's something internal around the corner that I'm holding on for, another job in one of the sister companies that gets advertised internally first before to the public

But giving the interest internal it'll never be punished publicly, so that'll be me done with the place if I'm lucky to get it

1 person has thanked this post
dashcamdanny Registered User

Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime said:
Changed recently but I think it's around 17 euro an hour possibly 16 euro an hour

Personally in my eyes not worth it for the hours and jobs but there's something internal around the corner that I'm holding on for, another job in one of the sister companies that gets advertised internally first before to the public

But giving the interest internal it'll never be punished publicly, so that'll be me done with the place if I'm lucky to get it

Same here. Waiting. I wish they would hurry along with it.

dashcamdanny said:
Same here. Waiting. I wish they would hurry along with it.

Ooohhhh..... Hello friend

I was hoping this month it would go up. I reckon get it advertised and do all the exams before the end of year with hope of starting very early next year

But that's only speculating. It's been very quiet about it !

moonship Registered User

Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime said:
Ooohhhh..... Hello friend

I was hoping this month it would go up. I reckon get it advertised and do all the exams before the end of year with hope of starting very early next year

But that's only speculating. It's been very quiet about it !

So you all want to be train drivers?

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!