frasr Registered User

already a youtube video on how to use the cab with a rasp pi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09DQCOr6zQM
& there will be a future one on using a Pandora's box

2 people have thanked this post
no.8 Registered User

o1s1n
I generally use metric but ****ing hate metres as a measurement.

o1s1n
Feet are great as they have a relatable size, a foot. Twenty feet? Ah, twenty of my feet.

o1s1n
Wtf is a metre? A little over half a person? How is that a measurement?

o1s1n
Any time I've used that argument with people for metric they generally go 'its three feet' - well then just use feet ffs!!

Rightttt... Except it has little relation to the length of human feet in reality, unless you are shaquil O'Neill + it is hardly a standard. Better would be to go by hands, at least they're close dimensionally.

Sorry had to comment here on that. The setups on offer today are fantastic, really reviving the genre

Doge Registered User

frasr said:
already a youtube video on how to use the cab with a rasp pi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09DQCOr6zQM
& there will be a future one on using a Pandora's box

The video we've all been waiting for!

Worth noting that he says the joysticks on the Arcade1UP are absolute muck also.

1 person has thanked this post
CiDeRmAn Category Moderator

I wonder what I might be able to do with the spinner based Tempest machine?
Could be interesting, I guess.
But it's a lot of money, in the initial layout, for a MDF box and a monitor, with some graphics applied.
I think a compact form factor PC might be better, for me at least, to use at the heart of one of these, certainly for the purposes I'd want.
Then, in would go Tempest 2000 via emulation, and Super Hexagon!

Inviere Registered User

CiDeRmAn said:
But it's a lot of money, in the initial layout, for a MDF box and a monitor, with some graphics applied.
I think a compact form factor PC might be better, for me at least, to use at the heart of one of these, certainly for the purposes I'd want.
Then, in would go Tempest 2000 via emulation, and Super Hexagon!

I'm exactly the same. I can't justify buying one just to rip the guts out. €400 for a wooden box with an lcd monitor in it? Nah

o1s1n Registered User

Be better spent trying to save a little extra and buy a Dinoking I reckon.

Skerries Registered User

Inviere said:
I'm exactly the same. I can't justify buying one just to rip the guts out. €400 for a wooden box with an lcd monitor in it? Nah

yeah something like this that you just your own Pi or PC

https://www.recroommasters.com/19-Xtension-Alpha-Cade-for-Raspberry-Pi-and-PC-p/rm-xt-alpha-emulation.htm

edit: ah you also need a monitor as well

Cybersausage Registered User

I got the street fighter cab pre ordered for €300.. there was a 25% off all loot offer in GameStop on the day. I've ordered all the gear yer man has added in the video.. The pi, Flirc case, sticks/buttons, amp, 64gb card and HDMI board. It's working out about €450 for the lot. I could probably cancel my pre order and buy a flat pack bartop shell, monitor and speakers and save a few quid and have a better quality build.. not sure what to do now..

4 people have thanked this post

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!