Deadwards.com Registered User

It tends to be more unusual or rare cars that can get classic insurance from my experience. As someone said AXA need the car to be a minimum of 20 years but Autoline will look at examples from 15+

I have a Porsche Boxster insured with them. Not exactly rare but not a huge volume of them out there.

As another posted said, look at some cars that you really would consider and then give them a call to see. they are helpful. Just remember you need to have 'regular' insurance in your own name on a daily driver car to qualify for it.

1 person has thanked this post
liam7831 Registered User

Deadwards.com said:
It tends to be more unusual or rare cars that can get classic insurance from my experience. As someone said AXA need the car to be a minimum of 20 years but Autoline will look at examples from 15+

I have a Porsche Boxster insured with them. Not exactly rare but not a huge volume of them out there.

As another posted said, look at some cars that you really would consider and then give them a call to see. they are helpful. Just remember you need to have 'regular' insurance in your own name on a daily driver car to qualify for it.

He already said it will be a 2nd car

RobAMerc Registered User

first Ireland told me today they wouldn't consider anything under 20, and even at that only for certain brands - Mercs Porsches etc

damon5 Registered User

antodeco said:
Depends on the car and the policy. I have 40+ years old, 30+ years old and 15+ years old all covered.

Who are they covered with,my car is a 3door astra and 19 years old and have it 14 years only doing about 40 miles a week,cheers..

Bob_Marley Registered User

antodeco said:
Depends on the car and the policy. I have 40+ years old, 30+ years old and 15+ years old all covered.

roughly what does that cost for each ?

WestWicklow1 Registered User

Working class heroes said:
I went through Campion Insurance for my 97 Mini Cooper.
€260 with a 5000 mile limit. Very good to deal with.

Is that comprehensive?

damon5 Registered User

What cover do they give,window screen breakage,third party,third party fire and theft or fully comp or others,cheers.

Working class heroes Registered User

WestWicklow1 said:
Is that comprehensive?

3rd Party F+T only. All I could get.

unkel Category Moderator

RobAMerc said:
first Ireland told me today they wouldn't consider anything under 20, and even at that only for certain brands - Mercs Porsches etc

I've had several classic cars >15 years old but <20 years old on classic policies through First Ireland, and can still add 15 year old cars to my policy, but they don't do it anymore for new business

I believe Autoline in the North still do, but the policies are not cheap

Doltanian Registered User

Is Classic Tax still 30 years old?

Working class heroes Registered User

Doltanian said:
Is Classic Tax still 30 years old?

Yep.

368100 Registered User

Deadwards.com said:

How much was the boxter to insure on classic policy and what year is it ....if you don't mind me asking :-)

antodeco Warning: Contains traces of nuts

Sorry lads, forgot I posted.

My 3 are with First Ireland. Roughly about €500 for all 3 (I only added another halfway through the year so don't have a full yearly price, that's all fully comp.

unkel Category Moderator

368100 said:
How much was the boxter to insure on classic policy and what year is it ....if you don't mind me asking :-)

My '99 Boxster is insured through First Ireland fully comp for €289, no need for a normal car insured in my name and even building up no claims bonus on this

Not available for new business though unless your car is at least 20 years old...

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!