professore Registered User
#1

This was brought up in a thread earlier of the rampant objectification of women in the media and it got me thinking that I couldn't think of a single example - outside music artists who objectify themselves deliberately, or women who do it to appear sexy to other women, e.g. The fashion industry.

Then got to thinking maybe it's me and can't see it. Anyone care to enlighten me?

4 people have thanked this post
kneemos Registered User
#2

Link.

bluewolf Category Moderator
#3

professore said:
This was brought up in a thread earlier of the rampant objectification of women in the media and it got me thinking that I couldn't think of a single example - outside music artists who objectify themselves deliberately, or women who do it to appear sexy to other women, e.g. The fashion industry.

Then got to thinking maybe it's me and can't see it. Anyone care to enlighten me?


and then someone replied with a whole ton of links already
https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=106138649&postcount=57

why did you make a new thread about it after you got an answer

33 people have thanked this post
#4

In the daily mail of a woman has a divorce it will comment in the picture something like

CROP OF THE TOPS,
she flashed her taut midrif while defiantly puffing on a cigarette

LEGS FOR DAYS
She flashed her endless pins while going to meet her solicitor

WORKING UP A SWEAT
She worked on her hard body at the gym

Not sure if it’s what you are looking for

6 people have thanked this post
tigger123 Registered User
#5

LEGS-IT!

6 people have thanked this post
Donald Trump Registered User
#6

Ah Jaysus.
This is all very terrible.

It's a subject close to my own very Presidential heart. If someone could send me the links to some photos of the offending material, I would be very grateful....For research purposes of course

4 people have thanked this post
tigger123 Registered User
#7

Plus anytime anything is announced in the newspapers (particularly the Indo or the tabloids) there's usually a pair of rented honeys with a cardboard cut out of a slogan standing next to a CEO or industry big wig.

4 people have thanked this post
#8

professore said:
This was brought up in a thread earlier of the rampant objectification of women in the media and it got me thinking that I couldn't think of a single example - outside music artists who objectify themselves deliberately, or women who do it to appear sexy to other women, e.g. The fashion industry.

Then got to thinking maybe it's me and can't see it. Anyone care to enlighten me?


First step is to agree on what "objectifaction" actually means. Second step is to decide if there is anything wrong with it.

1 person has thanked this post
pleas advice Registered User
#9

gametes


....(sex cells)

1 person has thanked this post
tigger123 Registered User
#10

Koala Sunshine said:
First step is to agree on what "objectifaction" actually means. Second step is to decide if there is anything wrong with it.


Treating someone as an object (and therefore not a person).

1 person has thanked this post
#13

tigger123 said:
Treating someone as an object (and therefore not a person).


How does one treat someone as an object? For example, is using someone as a goalpost objectification?

2 people have thanked this post
tigger123 Registered User
#14

Koala Sunshine said:
How does one treat someone as an object? For example, is using someone as a goalpost objectification?


Mind. Blown.

strandroad Registered User
#15

tigger123 said:
Plus anytime anything is announced in the newspapers (particularly the Indo or the tabloids) there's usually a pair of rented honeys with a cardboard cut out of a slogan standing next to a CEO or industry big wig.


These goosebumped bikini girls promoting anything and everything in the morning Metro! Usually photographed in St Stephen's Green or Grand Canal Dock for some reason. Metro is now dead, not sure if it's still a thing in the dailies?

In general, magazine ads with writhing, panting women; you don't see ads with men sporting their orgasm face, do you...

2 people have thanked this post

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!