ac20 Registered User

I'm doing Dusseldorf April 29th, anyone else in for it?

If anyone has ran it, would be interested to hear their thoughts.

eve Registered User

I did it back in 2015. The city is nice and the route leads you North, West, East and South so you get to see a large part of the City. We stayed in a hotel at the main train station so we had a bit of a walk to the Start and back again but that didn't bother us. Aid stations were well laid out and they gave you a sponge at Registration so you could dip it in the huge buckets provided at the aid station and cool down with it. Isotonic, alchohol-free beer, shower gel and showers at the end. It is quite flat - the main rises and falls are across the bridges and that may not suit everyone.

1 person has thanked this post
ac20 Registered User

eve said:
I did it back in 2015. The city is nice and the route leads you North, West, East and South so you get to see a large part of the City. We stayed in a hotel at the main train station so we had a bit of a walk to the Start and back again but that didn't bother us. Aid stations were well laid out and they gave you a sponge at Registration so you could dip it in the huge buckets provided at the aid station and cool down with it. Isotonic, alchohol-free beer, shower gel and showers at the end. It is quite flat - the main rises and falls are across the bridges and that may not suit everyone.

many thanks for the info, looking forward to my visit.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!