freshpopcorn Moderator

I know we had a similar thread before Christmas and it might be helpful to have one for Easter.
At the moment all I have seen is SuperValu selling medium eggs cadburys/Nestle/mars eggs 3 for €5!

1 person has thanked this post
4real Registered User

Debenhams are selling 2 Giant Eggs for €20

http://www.debenhams.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10052_10001_311100218599_-1

different types and selections there.

tedpan Registered User

freshpopcorn
I know we had a similar thread before Christmas and it might be helpful to have one for Easter. At the moment all I have seen is SuperValu selling medium eggs cadburys/Nestle/mars eggs 3 for €5!

Tesco & Dunnes have the same. They've been 3 for a fiver for several years now on the run up to Easter in most supermarkets and shops.

freshpopcorn Moderator

tedpan said:
Tesco & Dunnes have the same. They've been 3 for a fiver for several years now on the run up to Easter in most supermarkets and shops.

They generally go a bit cheaper in my experience!

tajd Registered User

freshpopcorn said:
They generally go a bit cheaper in my experience!

Your not gonna get cheaper than 3 for 5

tajd said:

3 for 4.50 in dealz, beat that Tesco, Dunnes and SuperValu.

3 people have thanked this post
vicwatson Registered User

4real said:
Debenhams are selling 2 Giant Eggs for €20

http://www.debenhams.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10052_10001_311100218599_-1

different types and selections there.

That link is to a Thornton’s egg? Seem to have only 3 types to choose from and it comes out at €23.80 with free del? That correct or?

4real Registered User

vicwatson said:
That link is to a Thornton’s egg? Seem to have only 3 types to choose from and it comes out at €23.80 with free del? That correct or?

if you go instore there is a lot more variety and the price is 20, i think online is a bit different for a reason i dont know.

freshpopcorn Moderator

tajd said:

My Tesco did 5 for €5 last year but it was only for a few days.

4 people have thanked this post
rubadub Registered User

freshpopcorn said:

indeed, a simple search in this forum shows several supermarkets were at this price. Tesco even had thorntons eggs at that price at a reasonable weight.

What was "medium" 20 years ago is now smaller.

tajd said:

not gonna get 3 "what" exactly, give example weights. You do easily get them cheaper but I suspect you would then maybe cop out and say "oh I meant bigger ones" rather than admit you were wrong.

But as I said a simple search will show what they should drop to.

last years posts

noble00 said:
Hi Dunne stores at the moment are selling five easter eggs for five euro I think it's ten per person allowed, tesco are doing the same deal ,the deal is on until Tuesday or till stock lasts,I thought I would share its a great deal

rubadub said:

The creme egg and kit kat ones say 1 egg/bar in the descriptions.

Rule of thumb is that a full size solid bar is typically about 50g, things like creme eggs, wispas, aero, kit kat being a bit less. They do not actually have to declare the weight on the packet if a bar is under 50g, and on many bars they do not explicitly declare the weight -but it can often be worked out from the nutritional info. e.g. is might say 300kcal per 100g, and 100kcal per bar, meaning it is 33.3grams -yet nowhere on the pack does it say 33g.

In dealz most stuff is 1.50 so easier to compare, I would want to be getting 130g+ for 1.50, unless it is higher value stuff.

Years ago a "medium" egg meant 2 full size bars and an egg of about 100g. Todays medium would have been called small years ago.

leck said:
This is the range of Easter eggs at the five for €5 deal:
https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/SpecialOffers/SpecialOfferDetail/Default.aspx?promoId=R32180241
Weights vary between 123g and 162g. At those weights I doubt any would have two fullsize bars.

Frank_1969 Registered User

freshpopcorn said:

Dunnes also did the 5 medium eggs for a fiver,last year.
Limited choice of 3 or 4 varieties if I recall correctly.

freshpopcorn Moderator

These are 3 for €3 now at Tesco. They also have some bars and jellies.(Sorry some pictures are poor quality)

20 people have thanked this post
freshpopcorn Moderator

All medium eggs are 4 for €4 from Tomorrow at Dunnes!

9 people have thanked this post
zell12 Registered User

freshpopcorn said:
All medium eggs are 4 for €4 from Tomorrow at Dunnes!
Is there an advert anywhere? Which chocolate/weight/rrp?

freshpopcorn Moderator

zell12 said:
Is there an advert anywhere? Which chocolate/weight/rrp?

It's a featured advert that I saw online. It's all the standard Medium Nestle/Mars/Cadburys eggs.
These are the size eggs.(Not the Dunnes add!

4 people have thanked this post

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!