BrookieD Registered User

Did not see one created so dropping this here - won't see till tonight but god dammit did i not just get a spoiler dropped on me from a great height in Facebook. In any case, cannot wait to see and let's discuss if you have.

FutureGuy Moderator

Very solid episode, not what was expected but it's what I would have expected as a resolution in classic Trek - non-violent answer when the violent way was the easy way out.

But that last 5 minutes Absolute stunning take on the design.

5 people have thanked this post
Doodah7 Registered User

Kind of thought the writers were hedging their bets on whether there would be a Season 2. If it was not renewed, the series would still stand on its own merits. Particularly in the last scene with the metaphorical passing of the baton as Discovery is not the last vessel seen on screen. They also kept it vague as to who the next, permanent Captain would be.

1 person has thanked this post
Evade Registered User

Handing L'Rell a weapon of mass destruction and letting the Empress go free just seems like a very bad idea.

What happened to the cloaking devices? The Klingon ships were just sitting there in Earth Orbit.

There were an awful lot of aliens on Qo'noS for how xenophobic they were supposed to be.

Any idea who the new captain they're picking up on Vulcan will be?

The Enterprise looks very nice

FutureGuy Moderator

Doodah7 said:
Kind of thought the writers were hedging their bets on whether there would be a Season 2. If it was not renewed, the series would still stand on its own merits. Particularly in the last scene with the metaphorical passing of the baton as Discovery is not the last vessel seen on screen. They also kept it vague as to who the next, permanent Captain would be.

I think the decision to renew season 2 was made well in advance of filming finishing on season 1 so they have definitely plans for the Enterprise showing up.

FutureGuy Moderator

Evade said:
Handing L'Rell a weapon of mass destruction and letting the Empress go free just seems like a very bad idea.

What happened to the cloaking devices? The Klingon ships were just sitting there in Earth Orbit.

There were an awful lot of aliens on Qo'noS for how xenophobic they were supposed to be.

Any idea who the new captain they're picking up on Vulcan will be?

The Enterprise looks very nice

I reckon season 2 will be about Saru earning the chair.

Evade Registered User

FutureGuy said:
I reckon season 2 will be about Saru earning the chair.

I thought that too but if they were to promote him doing it a Starfleet Command seems more likely than sending him to Vulcan.

pah Registered User

A decent ending to the series. I literally whooped out loud in my seat at the last 2 mins

NCC-17....

5 people have thanked this post
ezra_ Registered User

I liked it.
Nice ending, wrapped up the arc well, restores (mostly) the timeline and leaves enough lose thread for s2.

You heard it here first: Harry Mudd and the Empress - recurring antagonists!

Tristram Registered User

Rubbish episode to end what was a very good season to that point. Like tuning into a completely different show. Very disappointing.

13 people have thanked this post
The_Valeyard Registered User

i liked it

But....

They rushed the ending of the war, should have been more drawn out i think.

That last scene, excluding the speed holes, i liked it

Chrussell2 Registered User

Yeah I really didn’t click with this episode at all. Just felt a bit rushed for me and I just didn’t get the whole “We Are Starfleet” stand up scene on the bridge.

HOWEVER! I’m literally still buzzing off the NCC-1701. Don’t care how obvious it is - I loved it. I notice they went with the old style deflector dish in the design too. If we get to see the interior, I hope they don’t pull out the 1960s design like in DS9 and Enterprise - I’m happy for a bit of JJ’s modern take on the interior - minus the flares. I’d like to see Bruce Greenwood too!

Anyone notice Clint Howard playing then Orion than got Tilly high? He must have appeared in pretty much every Star Trek series now?!

3 people have thanked this post
ED E Registered User

Tristram said:
Rubbish episode to end what was a very good season to that point. Like tuning into a completely different show. Very disappointing.

Me too, thought it was totally naff.

Antar Bolaeisk Registered User

I'm equally intrigued and horrified at the idea of them interacting with Spock on the Enterprise (timelinewise I think Discovery is currently around the events of The Cage).

Evade Registered User

Antar Bolaeisk said:
(timelinewise I think Discovery is currently around the events of The Cage).

It's a few years after that.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!