foxy_j Registered User

Hey I'm heading into city centre tomorrow and going to south william street south D2.

Public transport in on a Sunday is brutal from where I am heading in from so I'm going to drive.

Does anyone know if there is free on street parking near there?

Or 10min walk even from there?

Thanks

barrier86 Registered User

foxy_j said:
Hey I'm heading into city centre tomorrow and going to south william street south D2.

Public transport in on a Sunday is brutal from where I am heading in from so I'm going to drive.

Does anyone know if there is free on street parking near there?

Or 10min walk even from there?

Thanks

pearse street.

lots of cars park in the bus lane opposite the fire station. good 100 metres of cars parked along there every Sunday and only 5 minute walk from where you need to be

foxy_j Registered User

barrier86 said:
pearse street.

lots of cars park in the bus lane opposite the fire station. good 100 metres of cars parked along there every Sunday and only 5 minute walk from where you need to be

Brilliant thanks a mil.

Also does it matter what time as in do they fill up fast? As I won't need to be in til 3pm

n!ghtmancometh Registered User

barrier86 said:
pearse street.

Has to be one of the most ridiculous pieces of advice I've ever seen. Don't park in the bus lane OP, unless you want to be clamped or towed.

n!ghtmancometh said:
Has to be one of the most ridiculous pieces of advice I've ever seen. Don't park in the bus lane OP, unless you want to be clamped or towed.

I do it every Sunday along with about 100 others. I've probably done it 200 times in the past and neither I, or anyone else has ever been clamped.

foxy_j said:
Brilliant thanks a mil.

Also does it matter what time as in do they fill up fast? As I won't need to be in til 3pm

usually pretty full up around noon. however you will usually find a spot most of the day

liger Registered User

barrier86 said:
I do it every Sunday along with about 100 others. I've probably done it 200 times in the past and neither I, or anyone else has ever been clamped.

just don't block the bus stop and you are okay.

Bus lane on Aungier street is the same. on street parking and loading bay Exchequer st and drury st also.

foxy_j Registered User

Great thanks. Didn't know you could park in a loading bay on a sunday

markpb Registered User

foxy_j said:
Great thanks. Didn't know you could park in a loading bay on a sunday

You can park in a loading bay if it's out of hours. Most are 7-7 Monday to Saturday but not all. Check before you park.

pclive Registered User

Just park fully up on a footpath

Noone seems to care anymore

5 people have thanked this post

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!