zell12 Registered User

This actually happened on TG4 this week, but nobody seems to have noticed.
Some of us would prefer this, light on important details, version https://twitter.com/BLOCTG4/status/960529053353574400

2 people have thanked this post
JCX BXC Registered User

I don't understand what your point is though....

Kermit.de.frog Registered User

TG4 weather girls are so hot.

16 people have thanked this post
piuswal Registered User

no snow then!!

1 person has thanked this post
Comhra Registered User

RTE need to up their forecasting presentation

Ah, I get it - you want the weather forecast broadcast in Irish, don't you?

zell12 Registered User

Comhra said:
Ah, I get it - you want the weather forecast broadcast in Irish, don't you?

No.
I want to see Evelyn singing the rain, Gerry twirling the wind, Joanna putting more oomph in the frost

4 people have thanked this post
zell12 Registered User

TG4 presenters, will we see warm weather again?

2 people have thanked this post
Akrasia Registered User

They should give these guys a go

3 people have thanked this post
Larbre34 Registered User

Joanna Donnelly is about as much as you are going to get RTÉ to 'up' their forecasting presentation, she is a bit more personable than the rest.

Met É and RTÉ take this stuff seriously, they are the forecast of record and both are a public service. Yes, its a bit staid, but you can't say you don't get the facts, clearly and dispassionately.

Me, I'd take that any day of the week over..... "And its a very happy 107th baaaarthday to Agnes, who is going to get a few spots of rain over her house tomorrow but it'll clear up lovely for the weekend, great drying out for you Agnes!!"

13 people have thanked this post
zell12 Registered User
MackQ Registered User

Larbre34 said:
Joanna Donnelly is about as much as you are going to get RTÉ to 'up' their forecasting presentation, she is a bit more personable than the rest.

Met É and RTÉ take this stuff seriously, they are the forecast of record and both are a public service. Yes, its a bit staid, but you can't say you don't get the facts, clearly and dispassionately.

Me, I'd take that any day of the week over..... "And its a very happy 107th baaaarthday to Agnes, who is going to get a few spots of rain over her house tomorrow but it'll clear up lovely for the weekend, great drying out for you Agnes!!"

Not so seriously that they can be arsed to switch on the spell checker. This weeks forecast on Met Éireann:

NATIONAL OUTLOOK
General: Cool at first, but much milder later in the week and next weekend.

Cold and dry for most of Monday night, with some frost, but rain will arrive in Atlatc coastal counties before dawn. Lowest temperatures between 0 and +4 degrees, but values will rise later in the night. Light breezes generally but fresh southerly winds will develop on western coasts later.

Tuesday will start dry in the east. Rain in the west will spread to all parts during the day, in fresh southerly winds. Top temperatures of 9 to 12 degrees. The rain will clear early Tuesday night to isolated showers. Lows of 3 to 5 degrees, so no frost.

Wednesday will be a cool, brrezy day with sunshine and showers. Top temperatures 9 tyo 12 C.

Thursday and Friday will be milder days, with moderate to fresh south to southwest winds. Rather cloudy overall with possibly some mist and drizzle on Atlantic coasts. But some bright weather too, best in the east of the couhtry . Temperatures should be in the mid teens, locally higher in any bright spells.

Wanderer78 Registered User

MackQ said:
Not so seriously that they can be arsed to switch on the spell checker. This weeks forecast on Met Éireann:

NATIONAL OUTLOOK
General: Cool at first, but much milder later in the week and next weekend.

Cold and dry for most of Monday night, with some frost, but rain will arrive in Atlatc coastal counties before dawn. Lowest temperatures between 0 and +4 degrees, but values will rise later in the night. Light breezes generally but fresh southerly winds will develop on western coasts later.

Tuesday will start dry in the east. Rain in the west will spread to all parts during the day, in fresh southerly winds. Top temperatures of 9 to 12 degrees. The rain will clear early Tuesday night to isolated showers. Lows of 3 to 5 degrees, so no frost.

Wednesday will be a cool, brrezy day with sunshine and showers. Top temperatures 9 tyo 12 C.

Thursday and Friday will be milder days, with moderate to fresh south to southwest winds. Rather cloudy overall with possibly some mist and drizzle on Atlantic coasts. But some bright weather too, best in the east of the couhtry . Temperatures should be in the mid teens, locally higher in any bright spells.

jesus, thats like i wrote it

JCX BXC Registered User

I will say I constantly notice errors in the written forecast. It's like they rush to get it up!

Oneiric 3 Registered User

JCX BXC said:
I will say I constantly notice errors in the written forecast. It's like they rush to get it up!

Have to say spelling errors on the site and on the TV forecasts don't bother me in the least. Small scale issue in the greater scheme of things.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!