AllForIt Registered User

I just seen on the BBC news website that there is such a thing as the LGBT adwards.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-42990791

As a G I find the concept of such an event extremely patronizing and condescending.

I get it's probably dreamt up my those irritating luvvie types for luvvies types and that most LGBT's couldn't care less about it.

But the irony of fighting for equality on the basis that we are the same as everyone else and then when you get that equality to then hold an event which completely contradicts that valid argument is just plain daft to me.

So ya, screw the LGBT awards.

23 people have thanked this post
alan partridge aha Registered User

Personally I think it's a load of bullsh1t myself.

splinter65 Registered User

AllForIt said:
I just seen on the BBC news website that there is such a thing as the LGBT adwards.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-42990791

As a G I find the concept of such an event extremely patronizing and condescending.

I get it's probably dreamt up my those irritating luvvie types for luvvies types and that most LGBT's couldn't care less about it.

But the irony of fighting for equality on the basis that we are the same as everyone else and then when you get that equality to then hold an event which completely contradicts that valid argument is just plain daft to me.

So ya, screw the LGBT awards.

I think it’s the LGBT community wanting to give a nod to people both gay and straight who have gone above and beyond to support a heretofore marginalized discriminated against minority group.
That’s all.
Nothing condescending or patronizing about it.

15 people have thanked this post
ToddyDoody Registered User

I'd say the organisers make a fortune.

5 people have thanked this post
Silentcorner Registered User

ToddyDoody said:
I'd say the organisers make a fortune.

Nail on the head....

Its a shake down...

All Industry awards nights are just shake downs....fueled by vanity more often than not...

7 people have thanked this post
Richard Hillman Registered User

I see LBGT history month is starting to become a thing. I swear, I actually think there are some people who prefer to be marginalized and are not happy unless they are being shunned by society.

27 people have thanked this post
suicide_circus Registered User

Everything is a power struggle - choose a side

1 person has thanked this post
kneemos Registered User

Housewife of the year was patronising. Dunno about these cos I can't be bothered to read the link.

1 person has thanked this post
vicwatson Registered User

I'm starting the Male Heterosexual awards, not sure if it's gonna go down too well though, we are like snow leopards these days !!

20 people have thanked this post
vicwatson Registered User

kneemos said:
Housewife of the year was patronising. Dunno about these cos I can't be bothered to read the link.

Lovely girls competition anyone

2 people have thanked this post
Hector Bellend Registered User

vicwatson said:
I'm starting the Male Heterosexual awards, not sure if it's gonna go down too well though, we are like snow leopards these days !!

I'm with you. "Straight white bloke day" has a certain ring to it.

We can run it in tandem with "steak and blow day"

6 people have thanked this post
Hector Bellend Registered User

vicwatson said:
Lovely girls competition anyone

We have that covered. The AVN awards.

splinter65 Registered User

vicwatson said:

There needs to be a White Male Heterosexual award subsection within that though, the most reviled species on the planet at the moment.
Worser then Hitler and Stalin rolled into one they do be!

4 people have thanked this post
blergh Registered User

Speaking as a white hetero male, I wish certain other white hetero males would shut the fnck up whinging about their victimhood fantasies.

15 people have thanked this post
pauliebdub Registered User

We have something similar over here every October that recognise people and organisations that make a difference for the LGBT community, don't see an issue with them myself.

https://www.galas.ie

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!