Dravokivich Registered User

tabbey said:
The solution then is to explain the significance of the date. Nothing to do with the rusting of the iron curtain?

It was my sisters 4th birthday!

1 person has thanked this post
whisky_galore Registered User

Wishbone Ash said:
In the short term perhaps but fines and penalty points have a more long term effect.

Yes, it says a lot about our 'nod-and-wink' approach to laws and rules in general.

Ah shur I wouldn't want that Larry Leadfoot in the big shiny Beemer to get caught, God love him.

Hoboo Registered User

I just flash my lights randomly at cars that look like they're speeding. Keep them guessing. If we all just continually flashed each other, there'd be no speeding at all.

3 people have thanked this post
Heinzer Registered User

By flashing people you do get them to slow down so the objective is met but only for that short time. I get the argument for and against. If you let people who constantly speed get caught enough times they should in theory be banned from driving, however we were told at the time the vans were introduced that they would be placed on roads that had a high rate of accidents - this is clearly not the case and this annoys a lot of people. 
The system introduced in the port tunnel of measuring the time between two points seems to be the only way to genuinely catch people who speed

highdef Registered User

Agreed, we need average speed cameras rolled out all over the place, Port Tunnel style. I can already foresee the change in driving behaviour that would happen as a result.

CramCycle A wholly unreasonable man

Hoboo said:
I just flash my lights randomly at cars that look like they're speeding. Keep them guessing. If we all just continually flashed each other, there'd be no speeding at all.

Ha, I used to do this as well. I find it hilarious as if you do it on the right road, they will slow for ages trying to guess where the speed camera is.

The only time I flash cars now is if there is an obstruction ahead. Seen it one night in Wexford where a bungalow was on fire, the brigade were parked on an almost blind corner to get within distance but regularly cars would be going at a speed that they would not stop in time despite the blue lights.

magicbastarder Moderator

last time i flashed was sunday. passed some people riding horses on a windy section of road (not a road i'd be riding a horse on, it was very near sam dennigan's for those who know that road) and flashed the next few motorists coming in the oppositde direction.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!