mountainy man Registered User
#1,036

Wine Goddess said:
Anyone know what it's like in or around Geevagh, Sligo? Driving there tomorrow!
Mountainy man, are you anywhere near there?
Appreciate an update if you are! Thanks

All roads are now clear apart from some patches in shade on the higher local roads and they might be clear now, there has been a really good melt since I was first out at 9am and returned at 12.30. Just watch out for the potholes
MM

1 person has thanked this post
Villain Registered User
#1,037

Plenty of snow in the East today, you just have to go to it

https://twitter.com/carlowweather/status/963408083090395138

6 people have thanked this post
CrowdedHouse Registered User
#1,038

Bit of a hail/graupel shower Roscrea (4.3/D 0.1C)

km79 Registered User
#1,039

km79 said:
Dry cool and bright in East Galway
Stay away snow we don't want you anymore

Light snow shower :@

Gonzo Moderator
#1,040

esposito said:
Ah i’ll welcome the easterly up until the last day of February or even first couple of days of March. I certainly don’t want it St Patrick’s day onwards.

The first few days of March could still potentially be good but after that, exceptional events with a textbook, prolonged Siberian flow would be required to deliver something decent after the first week of March. March easterlies usually result in night time snow and sunrise super speed thaws.

2 people have thanked this post
Cantona's Collars Registered User
#1,041

Not so much as a flake of snow on Mt. Leinster.

Rougies Registered User
#1,042

Comparison satellite image of yesterday (left) and today (right).

36 people have thanked this post
pistolpetes11 Moderator
#1,043

redsteveireland said:
Sorry to ask a stupid question but should you not be giving credit to the owner or posting a link to the original?

Hit the report button if you have an issue ,

Yesterdays reporting was dealt with although we don't reply back to each report

eastmayo Registered User
#1,044

Bit late....2 pictures of the snow at home yest morning....kilmovee co mayo.

loughside Registered User
#1,045

It`s actually Slieve Foy on the Louth side of Carlingford Lough..... not Co. Down

credit apparently to Evan Doherty https://twitter.com/evndoherty?lang=en

17-pdr Registered User
#1,046

Gonzo said:

I think just about everyone has had enough of the current north-westerlies we've had since early November. Many in the west are really hoping for a dry spell

Its been appalling tbh. I may be wrong about the dates, but apparently in some areas of the west the last two dry days in a row were the 24th & 25th of July. Has anywhere in the country got, say, 5 dry days in a row since last summer?

sryanbruen Registered User
#1,047

17-pdr said:
Its been appalling tbh. I may be wrong about the dates, but apparently in some areas of the west the last two dry days in a row were the 24th & 25th of July. Has anywhere in the country got, say, 5 dry days in a row since last summer?

The last time I did here at Grange, D13, was 1st-6th November.

Soccarboy11 Registered User
#1,048

Same down here in cork, ground is drenched and any chance it has to dry (it was very sunny 2 days ago but then the storm came and soaked everything again). Grass and parks are all mud, drains are pretty much full. Need a good few dry days now to dry it out. Can't walk in my garden!

km79 Registered User
#1,049

17-pdr said:

No !
2 possibly 3
But I honestly don't think we have had a 72 hour period without rain
And 2 days has happened only a handful of times
The ground is saturated

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!